cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Note 8 - My Limited hands On Experience.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi Guys. 

I visited my local Samsung Experience Store today and have spent a few hours playing with the working demo model of the Samsung Note 8. 

Taking into account it has the retail store build experience on it which restricts certain things and obviously I couldn't take or make a call or text. 

It's Ui is as slick as to be expected and aesthetically looks and performs just like my s8. 

The extra real estate (Display) will come into play for those that multi task and watch videos and play games etc not to mention the various ways it can be used for business usage. 

Unfortunatley they had no s pens inserted for obvious reasons so I couldn't try out that part sadly which is a main point of it. 

However that said the other features I could use were fluid. 

I'm no expert in picture taking but it was certainly on par with my s8 and did look more detailed and comes with lots of settings to satisfy even the experts I'm sure. :Smiling:

Have I mentioned yet how BIG it is ? 

I compared it to my s8 and my s8 is tiny in comparison. 

That said it's still comfortable to hold but is still slippery so a case or skin or bumper would be advisable. 

Sadly even when shuffling the phone up in my hand it was a stretch to reach the fingerprint sensor but that said the iris scanner and facial recognition are viable alternatives. It's a bit better than the s8 phones because the sensor isn't right next door to the camera Lens  so less camera smudges from.touching it accidentally but that said when I use my fingerprint I'm now trained to slide my finger in from the edge of the phone !

I opened around 20+ apps and the 6Gb of internal RAM kept them open as far as I could tell. 

Will I upgrade to the Samsung Note 8 from my Samsung Galaxy s8 - No... well maybe... No.... Well quite possibly.  :Winking_smiley:

I've viewed quite a few YouTube reviews on the phone but I'm going to be interested in watching real end user opinions and hands on reviews too. 

Just to mention it's BIG. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers

I agree @DRUIDDOODE the DEX device can be an extremely useful tool for the person wanting to hook up their phone to use it that way. 

It's not a cheap device so the offer to receive a free bundled in with the phone if T&C's criteria is met is a strong offer. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.