Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung One Ui Samsung Note 9.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I updated my Samsung Note 9 to the new One Ui / Android Pie and upto this point I'm really liking the new rounded corners and the way this new Ui is helping with more one handed usage.

i.e. pull down on the display and it brings everything further down the screen.

The new look icons for my apps are taking a little getting used to but I'm sure I'll adjust over the next few days :Smiling:

That or a person can download an app icon pack.

The Night Mode is very well put together and upto now I've found no bugs causing issues with using the settings using nite mode.

Please note > At this time Night Mode won't work if a Samsung Theme is being used.

It's a bit early to say if my battery has been affected in anyway so I'll update my thread on that in a week or so when everything is indexed and settled down.

A new setting that adjusts the transition time on animation with apps opening up faster / snappier etc but in my opinion it takes away a little bit of eye candy but it does sure make it appear more snappy.

The new swipe gestures are a nice edition however for me for now I'll be sticking with the bottom navigation bar.

The new navigation icons are nice too.

I'm not aware what the new font is called that the new Samsung One Ui uses but it's much easier on the eye.

I use two different Network Sim cards in my Note 9 as it's a Hybrid Duos version and on Oreo the chosen sim had a box around the signal in my phones status bar so I could see at a glance which one I am using and if the other is offering a stronger signal option.

This has for some reason been removed so now there's no visual indication around the signal I'm using. 

I've reported this to Samsung via the Samsung Members App.

When I pressed my multitasking button in the navigation bar on oreo I could have cards showing all the apps that were open or instead have a list of apps that were open that stacked ontop of each other which I found cleaner. 

This has been removed in the One Ui which again I've asked about.

I'm using an unbranded Samsung Note 9.

Screenshot_20190129-063036_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

New rounded icons ^

Screenshot_20190129-063051_Settings.jpg

New Night Mode  ^

Screenshot_20190129-063100_Settings.jpg

New pull down feature brings things down to be able to reach easier ^

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

4 REPLIES 4

bigtings
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

battery life is what i would like to know any diffrence?..

BandOfBrothers

I'm on my 4th day of using Samsung One Ui and battery is on par with oreo if not just a tad better @bigtings

Current Phone  >

thanks

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome.

Current Phone  >