Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S10 5G

javier123out
1: Seeker

Hello,

I'm from Malta, and I've been trying to buy the Samsung S10 5G, I have a few questions regarding the phone if any of you know.

Can I buy the phone with just cash and no contracts?

Is the phone network locked to Vodafone Uk?

Does Vodafone deliver outside the UK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to get this phone since release with no luck. 

Thank you everyone for your time. Have a wonderful day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@javier123out wrote:

Hello,

I'm from Malta, and I've been trying to buy the Samsung S10 5G, I have a few questions regarding the phone if any of you know.

Only if its available on Payg which right now it isn't .

Yes. And unfortunately even if you managed to buy one say from Ebay etc and its locked to Vodafone UK you wouldbr be able to ask Vodafone UK to unlock it as a Nuc Code won't usually work outside the UK and you have to be a customer of Vodafone UK and used the phone in the UK.

No.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to get this phone since release with no luck. 

You would be better looking at buying directly from Samsung or a Samsung reseller in your country. 

The problem with importing a phone is...

A Samsung has a region lock also that stops a sim card being inserted into it from another country. 

A 10 minute call has to be made in the country of origin to a local number to remove the region lock which is different from a network sim card lock.

Features such as Samsung Pay may not work.

The 24 month manufacturing warranty may not be valid in another country.

Software updates and security Patches may be slow.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

@javier123out wrote:

Hello,

Only if its available on Payg which right now it isn't .

Yes. And unfortunately even if you managed to buy one say from Ebay etc and its locked to Vodafone UK you wouldbr be able to ask Vodafone UK to unlock it as a Nuc Code won't usually work outside the UK and you have to be a customer of Vodafone UK and used the phone in the UK.

No.

You would be better looking at buying directly from Samsung or a Samsung reseller in your country. 

The problem with importing a phone is...

A Samsung has a region lock also that stops a sim card being inserted into it from another country. 

A 10 minute call has to be made in the country of origin to a local number to remove the region lock which is different from a network sim card lock.

Features such as Samsung Pay may not work.

The 24 month manufacturing warranty may not be valid in another country.

Software updates and security Patches may be slow.

Current Phone  >

Thanks a lot man appreciate the help. Will try to Contact Samsung to buy it then. Have a good day. 😃

You're very welcome.

Good choice of phone too.  :Smiling:

One I'm buying also.   :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >