Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S10 on 5G

MeggiRose
4: Newbie

I just wondered if ayone would know.. I bought the s10 on vodafone a few months before the 5g one came out.. will my s10 ever work on 5g, or would it need to be that specific version that I bought? I was thinking maybe I'd go for the s20 if not, are all of those models 5g or not? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established

Unfortunately, the handset will need to be the 5G variant to get the service you're looking for. 

Bear in mind though. the 5G service has't rolled out across the whole country yet, and may not yet be available in your area. You can check your coverage here

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately not as mentioned as the phone does not have the hardware to support 5G @MeggiRose 

You would have to look at changing phones with 5G in its specs if you wish to take advantage of 5G.

Take into account having 5G does not speed up ones surfing experience but does mean a person can download content faster.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That's disappointing, I was hoping that it could somehow be updated 😓 Any ideas if all the s20 models will be 5g?

AnnS

Hi @MeggiRose 

Please see these links for all the information you need on the S20 Samsung series.

Vodafone Discover the S20 Galaxy 

A good place to discover phone specifications is GSMarena 

Also further information from the Samsung website.

Thanks all! I'll have a think about what to do 👍

BandOfBrothers

@MeggiRose wrote:

That's disappointing, I was hoping that it could somehow be updated 😓 Any ideas if all the s20 models will be 5g?

It does not have the required internal hardware etc unfortunately so can't be updated.

Take a look on the Samsung Website too for full info on the new Samsung Galaxy s20 line up.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.