Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S3 software update.

Rusty5010
4: Newbie
I've just downloaded an update build no 19300XXUGNH4, approx 250mb.

Doesn't look any different, has anyone any idea what it is about and any changes it has made?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

froggerty
16: Advanced member

The download is to keep the firmware and system on your phone up to date and working with the latest additions to the software, it may not seem like anything has been changed or altered in any way, it just keeps your phone up to date. To make sure that updates can be downloaded look in your device setting and see that automatic updates box is ticked, you'll get the latest updates as and when they are available then.

zedeye

I woke up this morning and saw that the same update was available but didn't download it as I wasn't sure what effect it would have on the phone.

Hopefully no adverse reaction to it? And I'm guessing this is purely a Vodafone specific download as my wifes S3 (supplied by Carphone Warehouse) doesn't show an update available.

Rusty5010
Thanks froggerty. ..ive no problems understanding updates etc or the need to keep software up to date ( whatever happened to our 4.4) I just can't fathom what it has brought to the table other than "Vodafone Messenger" I just don't want another 4.3 debacle like we had in Dec.13

The amount of manufacturer/operater bloatware being added is getting ridiculous!

So if Vodafone have added their own messenger app, and theres already the one from Samsung, and the one from Google...it comes as no surprise that the phone starts to slow down.

I think I might switch to a custom ROM. Does anyone have any recommendations? I hear the new CM ROM is good but does have some issues with the camera app.

froggerty

In order to have the download then you must have the Samsung App, you created a Samsung account which downloaded the App, if you don't want the updates then all you need to do is go into your Samsung account and disable or uninstall any elements of the App that you don't need. It's like loading up your computer with programmes, the more that's downloaded, the quicker it will fill up the memory and running in the background will run your battery down in no time, plus, when an important firmware download comes along there won't be enough room on the phones memory to take it.

markdavies120
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Ran the update last night. Was on 4.4.2 version on S3. After update, got the new messenger but phone is stating now on 4.3!

Anybody else had this? Oh and I got Vodafone messenger installed.