Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S4 won't open mms pictures...

Circ81
4: Newbie
It says it's downloading in message box then just disappears, no message and no picture. My data mode is on so anyone know what's going on and how I can fix this? Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Something very similar happened to me on one occasion.  Message never did come through.  I've since sent an MMS, though not sure if I've received one.  I don't use them much.

There are issues with MMS on PAYG and suggestions of back-end overhauls.  I don't know whether either of those things is relevant.

I'd assume that, if you have wifi on and an MMS comes through, it'll just be via the mobile network.

I had the same problem. In the end it was my phone settings.

I went to settings - more networks - mobile networks - access point names - vodafone mms

Vodafone MMS was full of blank entries.

I entered the data set out in this link (I know it doesn't specify Galaxy s4 but I beleive the data is the same for all handsets) and HEY PRESTO!

Nothing to do with wifi being switched on - on my handset anyway.

http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/filestore/devices/Samsung/i9000%20Galaxy%20S/SamsungGalaxySi9000_MM...

dibbs1967
3: Seeker
Will give it a try

ruthm4x
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I just tried that link supplied by billy but sadly still no mms messages are downloading for me :Sad_face:

Hi ruthm4x,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

MikeClayton
1: Seeker
I have exactly the same problem with my Galaxy S4, and also with my wife's S4 mini. Despite trying all the settings suggested by Vodaphone telephone support, we still are not able to download MMS images. I am very disappointed with Vodaohone. The phones were supplied by Vodaphone, on a Vodaphone monthly contracts and yet they are not really fit for purpose. Such a simple requirement, the ability to receive MMS pictures, and yet Vodaphone can't seem to manage it.

dibbs1967
I gave up and got a new phone.

Hi @MikeClayton,

So that we can look into this further please have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt B

For all those that are having problems with MMS messaging, this is a problem that affects Galaxy S4 after you upgrade to the latest version of the android software.  There is a message on the front page of the eforum that confirms this, and it happened to me.   Vodafone customer support via the phone were useless and insisited it wasn't their problem.  I took my phone into a vodafone store and they confirmed it is an issue that is affecting galaxy s4 after the update.  The only fix is to reinstall the software completly, which vodafone couldn't do and advised me to take it to samsung.  Luckily there is a samsung store within a few feet of the vodafone one and they fixed it for me immediately by reinstalling the software, and said not to accept any update messages that come trhough.

This is the nearest thread I've found describing the problem I've had for months - unable to send or receive MMS. Vodafone support also fobbed me off twice with it being an android problem and suggested I wait for an android patch to be released.  I'm fed up of waitingand paying for a service I can't use.

I will try to find a samsung shop but otherwise does anyone know if a hard reset will do the trick and if so how to do one ?