cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

I think you may of posted this in the wrong thread @Stevie1 :Smiling:

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. @rick639 have you tried resetting your phone? This often cures glitches, this is something I would recommend anyway before updating your firmware, especially if you are having issues anyway.

Hi,

Anyone got any news when we can get Andriod 7 Nougat for Vodafone Galaxy S7 here in UK ? It`s been long wait even Vodafone Germany had updated Galaxy S7 to Anriod 7 why not Vodafone UK ?

BandOfBrothers

Hi

No news yet I'm afraid. 

Vodafone wouldn't comment as per the reasons in their Statement here > Vodafone Firmware Statement.

Even though Vodafone Germany has released it this has no bearing on Vodafone UK. They both have the Vodafone logo but are not linked. 

I'm using an unbranded Samsung Galaxy s7 edge bought from Samsung and still waiting. 

I keep checking the software update section manually in Settings>About Phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
I agree with what BandOfBrothers has said above l flashed android 7 onto my s7 edge the other week and had nothing but problems with all the Samsung apps not working Knox tripped and wouldn't let me use any of the Samsung apps like Samsung pass Shealth though l don't think it voids the manufacturing warranty as long as you flashed with the official software from Samsungs website. If l am honest l wish l had waited until l had received the OTA updated after a few days my phone would not boot up it stopped at the Samsung start screen l had to completely wipe all the data from my phone redownload new software and install that then l had to reset up my phone from scratch hope it works this time.

:robotmad:

BandOfBrothers

Sounds like you've been through the mill @Stevie1 with Nougat!

I'm not 100% sure but if Knox which should currently showing at 0×0 is tripped that invalidates the 24 month manufacturer warranty. 

If I may ask another member on this one as his knowledge is far more vast and superior to my own. I've been an Apple Fan Boy. 

@thesoupdragon can you please clarify the status. 

Back to playing around with flashing the rom I've seen so many people having ramifications that I'm content to sit back and wait. 

I hope you manage to fully resolve the stability of the phone @Stevie1

Current Phone  >

Stevie1 - knox shouldn't have been tripped if it was official samsung nougat firmware and flashed using Odin. I for sure don't know what happened with your phone but looks a nightmare. 

My unlocked XEU S7 I flashed with Odin the BTU nougat firmware and all is working well. I backed my phone up as a precaution first. No issues what so ever. Vodafone wifi calling is working well too after following jonspittle's instructions on page 1.

Always risks involved flashing phones and I guess you must accept the risk after reading  up on what you are actually about to do. Worked for me and many others but I'd not encourage anyone to do anything with their phone without accepting the risks.  Nougat for XEU S7's has not been made available by Samsung yet and may not be long. Ditto Vodafones version. But some nice improvements with Nougat for S7's  

thesoupdragon
If Knox has been tripped, then the internal counter has been activated, so any official repair would be void under Warranty.

That being said; There is a way to reset the Knox counter but involves rooting the phone resetting the counter and then flashing stock firmware back onto the phone again.

It's a bit of a pain but very doable.

You will need to read up about it on xda-developers and make sure you fully understand the process before you begin.

Oh how I miss the days of the Galaxy S1... 😊

Thank you Tim. 

There's something I've learnt new today. 

Every days a School day.   :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >