cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
Oops should have said it's only for the s7 and s7 edge though

:robotmad:

jonspittle
12: Established
Ah so it's normal then!

I just thought it was strange as I've not seen it blank before.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

lostboyuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
To be honest nougat was rubbish...I have the unbranded s7 edge rooted and went through all the beta releases then installed the official nougat release..b4 branded releases I might add,I rerooted so I had nougat 7.0 yes..usual stuff odin super su /delete data/no verity bla bla...custom recovery...hmmm not inmpressed stick it...gone back to rooted 6.01...lot smoother and ....well......think I'll wait till things are updated....btu here...it ain't all all its cracked up to be

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@lostboyuk

My thoughts are that people can indeed have varying levels of experience depending on the phone, unbranded or branded Firmware, apps being used etc. 

It can also take a short while for a phone to settle after a Firmware update. Clearing the System Cache and or Factory can help if a phone isn't performing as expected. I'm sure your aware of this already. As you've been through the Beta Programme then Factory resetting may rid the phone of any left over redundant files. 

In my opinion from what I've read on blogs and from reviews from end users and videos from YouTube Nougat brings quite a lot of refinement and more useful new features, and refines some of the existing ones. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@lostboyuk - That's your opinion and thanks for sharing, I'd say though that the majority of people on here probably don't know what rooting is and will not be going down that route; I honestly feel rooting is overhyped and really has no need on Android phones these days.

I honestly think Nougat is so far the best Android OS to date and alongside Samsung Grace UX makes it even better - but that's my opinion!

@Mimo2000 - I have to agree with @BandOfBrothers here your best place for information like this is over at XDA Developers, see this link but be prepared that you could potentially brick your phone if you do not follow the instructions correctly.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

Mimo2000
Hi peeps I'm on vodafone phone but would prefer btu as I don't use wifi calling could someone explain what I need to do to install nougat plz! I know about odin just need to know if I need to flash the last btu mm before N or could I just install N straight over this one.

BandOfBrothers

@Mimo2000 wrote:
Hi peeps I'm on vodafone phone but would prefer btu as I don't use wifi calling could someone explain what I need to do to install nougat plz! I know about odin just need to know if I need to flash the last btu mm before N or could I just install N straight over this one.

Hi @Mimo2000

If you decide to go ahead with changing the csc code on the phone then the best place to learn how is on the Xda Developer site / Forum. 

Please learn about how to do this and how to deal with problems ,and what the possible ramifications are. 

Personally I'd suggest to sit tight and await the Nougat being pushed to your phone. 

Current Phone  >

Mimo2000
I'd it true vodafone Germany have released nougat

BandOfBrothers

Possibly but take into account they are not linked to Vodafone U.K.  

Current Phone  >

IMG_0910.PNG

I asked the question to Samsung Uk via Twitter for my Un-Branded s7 edge and was advised ^

Current Phone  >