cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
May be but it could explain why some people have not received the update yet. But then again not as bad as android promising to release monthly security patches then not doing so, I no of loads of people that haven't had any security patch updates since November 2016 myself included.

:robotmad:

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@Stevie1 The Android security updates have been released... https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/

It's up to the manufacturer to pass it on, sounds like your phone's manufacturer hasn't done this.

EDIT: LG are even ahead of Google http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/12/30/lg-posts-january-security-bulletin-ahead-google-android-lg-s...

With the 7.0 "BTU" unbranded firmware installed I'm on patch level "1 January 2017", so I guess it's Vodafone holding back the updates, not Samsung.

BandOfBrothers

@Pugwash69 wrote:

With the 7.0 "BTU" unbranded firmware installed I'm on patch level "1 January 2017", so I guess it's Vodafone holding back the updates, not Samsung.

If your on an unbranded phone then Vodafone would play no part or very able to hold it back AFAIK. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

You may have miunderstood me. Before I flashed 7.0 I was on a vodafone 6.0.1 firmware with wifi calling and security patch from November 2016. This would suggest Vodafone have not pushed updates for the security since November,

@Pugwash69 I was under the impression that Samsung were in charge of security updates and they were supposed to push security udpates out once a month, I could be wrong though.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established
I wouldnt believe a word the daily express published

Stevie1
Yeah I have already seen this but still haven't received the update

Stevie1
Just downloaded the BTU unbranded version this morning from SamMobile going to flash it with Odin later.

Stevie1
It's not a vodafone mobile it's my own which I bought from CPW I only use the Vodafone network it's also unbranded and unlocked so flashing it won't be a problem.