main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Samsung S7 earpiece

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi all.

A few weeks ago I sent my phone back to Samsung because it had a swelling battery.

I got my phone back..... well, it's either my phone with scratches etc removed or a new/refurbished one.

Annnyway,

When speaking on the phone, the earpiece is distorted/tinny.

I got in touch with Samsung and they said I should send it back.

I need this phone for work because I also use it for clients with the GearVR.

It was suggested I try a new SIM.

I went to Vodafone today and they ran a test.

After a while I was told it'd been fixed.

It hasn't.  

All the person did was change the network mode to 2G/3G/4G (autoconnect).

Before I sent my phone to Samsung I'd always having it on 2G only (connecting to 4G only when needed) to save battery.

I never had this problem.

Yes, setting it to auto connect does help a bit but it's still a little off.

Surely a phone doesn't need 4G turned on for a proper signal nowadays.

Can anyone help me with this because I don't want to send it back to Samsung unless I have to.

Thanks,

Sean

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Otuama34

If Samsung replaced the phone itself then you do have ways of checking via it's imei number and serial number. 

If you have the original box it'll have the imei and serial number on it. 

I think I remember using those numbers also when registering the product with Samsung so it should be on there too. 

Just either download PHONEINFO from the Play Store onto the phone to check it's numbers and or dial *#06#

Sometimes I've known manufacturers to put a new casing around the phone too. 

If you have a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store local they'll look at it in house. 

Samsung service-centre.

The strength of signal can affect call quality and yes 2g should stabilise calls quality. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options