Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8 Plus

icecool69
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

HI,

I bought the Samsung S8 Plus however, i am very disappointed in it at the minute as i seem to have numerous issues. Is anyone else having the following issues?

1. Emails taking numerous attempts to send.

2. Emails not downloading all information even though it is set to do this and just keeps asking to load more but takes forever.

3. When listening to something through the load speaker the sounds cuts out and doesnt come back on.

4. Charging takes forever even with plugging it in with either the wire or through a samsung wireless fast charger. (Other day took 18 hours to charge whilst plugged into the plug socket on the wall)

5.  Odd time the phone just restarts in its own.

If anyone else is having these issues could you let me know.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @icecool69

I use the Samsung Galaxy s8. 

1 & 2 >  No my emails send fine and all information downloads ok. I use a BT internet.com imap style account in the Stock email app.  Are you using the stock Samsung email App. Try removing your email account and clear the apps caches and data of the app and reset it back up.

Another alternative would to try a 3rd party email app to see if that makes a difference. 

3, I use YouTube quite a lot and my speaker albeit is a bit quiet when in landscape mode because it's a bottom firing speaker it's fine. No cut outs.

Does this happen all the time when listening. How are phone calls when on loud speaker. 

Check speaker for any dust / lint. 

4, I personally do not opt to fast charge as I believe in my opinion it knocks the heck out of the battery. I use an official Samsung Desktop Wireless Stand. Taking into account My battery is slightly smaller than yours and I opt to top up my battery and not let it drop to below 20% if I can help it.

When I get home from work my battery is on around 50-60% and I drop it onto the charger and takes a couple of hours if that to reach 100%. Can you try an alternative charger(s).

5, Mine hasn't (touch wood) restarted. Try first powering down the phone and go through the process to clear the phones system cache. Remove your most recent app(s) just in case a rogue app is causing this. Delete any side loaded apk files / apps. 

If no resolution then back up and factory reset. 

If if this does not remedy the restarting or speaker issue then I'd suggest to find your most local Samsung Service Location and have a diagnostic run. These can be Samsung Experience Stores and some Carphone Warehouse Stores have them inside. 

Depending on how long you've had the phone it would be either a straight swap or if over any cooling off period a repair. Check the T&C's to see. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Bought an S8 plus last week must say l am impressed so far with the performance of the phone haven't had any issues with it so far (fingers crossed it stays that way) the only let down is Bixby not been ready for the UK market yet but l do no the American version is out now so we may get it soon. I am not running my S8 plus on the Vodafone network but on EE and l can tell you that WiFi calling comes with the phone straight out of the box and works great no just switch it on in the phone's settings and hay presto WiFi calling is enabled hassle free.

:robotmad:

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

From reading a lot of your posts I can imagine you finding a use or work around for that Bixby button until it's released officially 

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

All ready been looking for ways to change the Bixby button but haven't come up with a viable option at the moment form what I have found out is when Samsung release any new updates they are putting some features into them which actually stops people changing the use of the Bixby button most of the apps you can get from the play store don't work anymore not sure if rooting will help but I am not going down that road so when I get some spare time at the weekend I may spend some time on my computer and see what kind of program I can make to disable it

BandOfBrothers

Look forward to any update @Stevie1 on how you get on. 

There some disabler apps available that would turn off Bixby in the Play Store but one has to be careful on what they do with these apps :Smiling: but yes I agree Samsung are seemingly blocking any app that allows a person to reformat and use the Bixby button for another option. 

I have the Bixby screen turned off on my s8 but still sometimes use the dedicated button. 

Current Phone  >

I'm not that clued up on the s8 but I have a feeling that they are blocking the use of the Bixby button for when they do release it 

It will be better than the other alternatives at the moment 

I've just got the new version of Google assistant but I believed Bixby is going to blow them all out of the water.

just hope they release it sooner rather than later for you guys 

Something to look forward to hearing about it when you do finally get it

I do think it is a little unfair that your having to wait though 

But at least when it does come I  would assume from the time it is going to be a game changer 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

Good to hear you sorted out your Google Assistant issues. How did you end up resolving this ?

It's not a deal breaker for me with voice commands on Bixby but can appreciate it maybe for some. 

Current Phone  >

First cleared the caches from the device app manager and from there you can go further Google were you get two options one seems a basic cache clean and the other one a bit more drastic so I cleared them both.

And then restarted my device and bingo 

And up to know I've only had to reset a couple of passwords so luckily I don't seem to have lost all the settings I was expecting

I'm not sure which part exactly did it to be honest but one of those steps did it although just clearing the cache in the device app manager didn't do it 

So when I went from the app manager were you press the logo and then into the Google settings it must of been the basic clean or the more drastic one 

It's a bit hard to explain 

Because if your using the app and go into clear settings from there 

It didn't work I had to go via app manager 

P.s

Sorry for the waffle just wanted to get it across for any one else but I'm pretty sure you can decode my waffles😎

Hi BandOfBrothers, Most of the apps on the play store no longer work as Samsung have blocked them as they only want the button to work with Bixby. I contacted Samsung via Samsung members and there official reply was Bixby for the UK is still under development and is not ready for release yet and there not sure when it will be ready and won't confirm a release date either they also advised to keep Bixby active as they are releasing some updates to Bixby vision for the UK the update I received one Monday also had these and 1st of July sercuity patch update. Samsung have already confirmed that the Note 8 will come with Bixby installed and working straight out of the box personally I think the S8/S8+ in the UK won't get Bixby Voice untill the release of the note8 but I hope I am wrong in saying that. They did release Bixby in the US last week but apparently it's not working properly yet let's hope the UK version comes soon