Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8+ Video Calling

Dennyjo8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have read so many posts on this issue, dating back to 2016, and I still can't believe Vodafone has STILL not resolved the problem!!!  

I am not able to make video calls on my new Samsung S8+, I have spent hours 'chatting' to both samsung and vodafone to try and get a solution - the latter have apparently never heard about there being an issue (and they were the technical team which doesn't bode well, as clearly no on is looking to resolve it!!!).  

I put my sim into my boyfriend's new S8 (to O2) and it worked perfectly - which obviously backs up the fact that this is to do with vodafone locking their phones and the firmware they use to do that.  

The solution I've been given is that I should send my phone away to samsung to 'investigate' - as I'm out of 30 day cool off this would mean I'm without a phone for 2 weeks which just is not do-able.  So I'm pretty much stuck with it!

It would be helpful if any moderator on the site could answer a few questions - 

a) if Vodafone have known about this issue for years and still not resolved it - why????

b) if there is a solution being worked on - when will it be available to us loyal paying customers who have been with vodafone for years??

c) will we be receiving any kind of compensation for not having this feature when it is clearly something that samsung support and alledgedly vodafone do too?  ( I have been repeatedly told that it's not vodafone's fault as they have activated the right settings on my account for me to be able to use video calling!

I also wondered if anyone else had tried getting their vodafone handset unlocked to see if this solves the problem? I have requested my unlocking code, I don't expect vodafone to refuse me!!!!

99 REPLIES 99

Hi @Alex

Sorry for edelay in reply.

I have checked all my Spam and Main Inbox but there is no emaild from your team after 25/06/18:Hmm_Face:.

Can you please resend.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've resent the email @vicr76.

Please keep your eyes out for it and let us know when you've received it. The subject reference number may come through differently to your original one; so please make note of this too.

Hi @TJ

I have replied to the email from Ruth on 06/08/2018 with the etails requested for 3 rd time but haven'h heard back anything since. Ref. No. for the email is #19285716.

Can you please update or will I be asked to provide the same details again after a month as done in past? This issue is going on since 2016 without any resolution.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vicr76 I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a resolution to your query. I've asked for this to be chased up and a member of our team will be in touch with you via email as soon as possible 😊

Hi All,

So after a long wait of nearly 2.5 years the reply from Vodafone Social Media team I got is below and you can guess how much confident you can feel the way a complaint is resolved by the team.

They suggested this need to be Technical team need to take up this issue with Samsung when I don't understand what they (samsung) can do regarding with the incompatibility of Vodafones's bloatware with phones stock apps.

Samsung just intall what Voda supplies them to be put on theis supplied phones, they don't need to check if it is compatible or not this is  Voda's responsibility to do all tests when they develop their own applications and supply Sansung to intall.

I don't understand how much more time they need to correct this conflict which is first reported atleast 2.5 years ago when S6 launched.

:Socked_Face:

Mon 03/09/2018, 17:06
You

This is something that will be passed on to our Technical Team to take up with Samsung directly Vicky, as such we cannot offer an estimated time of response.

This matter does show to be ongoing and we're working with the departments involved to provide a solution to this once there's on presented.

I understand this will not offer the solution you're looking for but this is far beyond the scope that we can make changes to the account and I hope there is progress made in the near future.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with and we'll be happy to do so.

Regards,

Raymond
Social Media

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

Kind Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

I don't see how the services you may use will hurt the quality, but there are things we can do to make video calls better such as good lighting,Looking for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Case? Shop from a wide range of galaxy s8 plus back covers, flip covers, designer cases at Flipkart. COD!

Hi, There you can download APK file "Facetime Video Call" for Samsung Galaxy S8 free, apk file version is 30.0.0 to download to your Samsung Galaxy S8

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove advertising content please see Community Guidelines]

Hi @Natasha,

I have now filled the form and my EFT165 Ref. No. is #18281624.

I forgot to add this in my message to you or in my previous conversations- I have tried my current sim in my old Samsung Note4 (got from Carphone Warehouse on Vodafone contract) and it works fine. There is option available on all contacts for video calling so there is no problem with my wifi calling settings I guess.

Kind regards.

Vicky R

Hi @moseal

I completely agree with you. They are just wasting time by asking me to reply to their email again and again when they know from this thread that this is not resolved yet. Why should I email them back and ask for an update when forum team can internally contact the concern team and update customers?

Also Vodafone still supplying handsets which are mot 100% without notifying them regarding this issue. 

Regards

Vicky R

Does Galaxy S9 have this feature? Is it improved or the same?

[Removed]

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Yvana The Video Calling feature should certainly be available on your Samsung Galaxy S9, it's more than likely it'll be improved quality too. Are you aware on how to access this feature from your phone?