main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Samsung S8+ Video Calling

As we've been unable to get this resolved via a public forum @vicr76, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message and we'll be in touch.

View more options
5: Helper

Hi @Mark,

I have now filled the form and my ref. no. is #18995111.

Hope to get a resolution soon. 

Regards 

Vicky R

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Mark, 

I received an email from @Sophie of Social media team but I don't even bother to reply as its just waste of time.

In my form's comment box I clearly wrote that my S8 don't have video call option and she send me a link for how to make video calls.

If I don't have any option to make video calls and that is why I started this thread does she really need to teach me how to make video calls.

Please ket me know if that is the max you can do so I don't waste any more of my time.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options

That isn't good to see @vicr76, I've fed your disappointment back. So we can continue to offer support regarding this, please reply to our latest email giving more information about the issue you're experiencing and one of the team will be happy to take another look for you.

View more options

Hi @Mark,

Thanks for your reply but I have not recieved any further email yet. Can you please resend.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options

Apologies for any confusion @vicr76. So we can continue to investrigate why you're no longer able to access the video calling function on your phone, please reply to Sophie's email.

View more options

Hi @mark @josh

Is there any update yet. I logged this more than a year back but never heard back any update?

Kind regards

Vicky R

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Sorry you’re still getting issues with Video Calling @vicr76. Did you respond to Sophie's email? 

Looking through the previous posts there looks to be a bit of confusion so I’d like to clarify things.

If you choose someone from your contacts list, or your recent calls list, you should see 4 options. Call, Message, Video call and Details. What exactly do you see on your phone @vicr76?

If Video call is there but doesn’t work, then this is where we would need to check its setup.

If it’s missing then it maybe handset issue, or possibly due to the firmware build.

Did it actually work before, but stopped after you updated the firmware? 

Blair

View more options

Hi @Blair,

I have already replied to Sophie's email and again Dean's email on 25/06/2018.

The questions you asked I think I have already answered all those quite few times. Please read all my posts carefully and see attached with them.

Honeestly I think you are just trying to waste time as whenever this issue is raised a new person replies from your team and ask the all question which were already answered quite few times.

There is no issue with firmware or handset as I have changed mine quite few times.

All my replies are pretty clear that there was never an option available to make video call on Vodafone supplied handsets only since atleast Samsung Galaxy S6. All setups checked by me, Samsung and 3 diffrent Voda store staffs and there is no option to activate/ deactivate video calling (and be clear I'm talking about video calling not WiFi calling or 4G calling).

The issue is not with firmware build but its because of the bloatware build which was accepted by head office when they agreed to cancel my contact for S6 without any panelty after 6 months in 2016.

Can you please check update with you application team on this.

Kind regards

Vicky

Vicky R

View more options

So we can keep all the information about this issue together @vicr76 and raise another investigation into this for you, please reply to our last email. 

View more options

Hi @Mark

I already replied to the last email recieved on 25/06/2018 on the same day with my AP and CSC version as requested. I never heard back anything since.

any way I'm not sure why you require this as I bet if you take any Voda supplied Samsung Galaxy launched since S6 they all got the same problem, I myself changed quite few S6, S7 and S8s with same problem and also staffs from 3 diffrent store checked with other stores to confirm this.

I can assure you that there is no issue with handsets but the issue is Voda bloatwares.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 I can see on the email we sent we asked you to check something on an alternative phone to give us a better idea of what's going on. Have you tried this yet?

View more options

Hi @Adam

I already replied to that and confirmed that I got Sansung Note 4 on Voda bought from CPW and tried my S8 sim which works fine.

I can see videi calling option but I never tried to maje video calls though as making call is nit my concern the option should be avalable so I can make call in future or in any other country sim when I visit.

Regards

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 I'm sorry I thought your query was regarding the fact you weren't able to see the Video Calling option which made you unable to place Video Calls? 

You mentioned you checked it in another device but didn't test the Video Call as this wasn't the problem. I'm a little confused with this.

View more options

Hi @Adam,

I don't think there was anything confusing in my reply.

The whole thread is about non-availability of the option to make video call ( i.e. no option for video call on the dailer or within any contact, only option available is Call or Message) so in my reply I just said that I tried my sim in Note 4 bought from CPW on Voda contract and the option to make video call is visible/ available on dailer and every contact as well.

So what I wrote in my previous reply is the option to make video call is available but I didn't tried to make a call and check if it is workis as that is not my main concern but the problem is on the handsets Voda provided Samsung S6 onwards the option on the dailer is not available at all.

To make it more clear I don't want to check if Voda support or allow to make me video calls but the issue is this option on dailer is nat vailable at all on Voda supplied handsets. I have now unlocked my Handset but the option is still not thre so if I travel to any other country (e.g. India) and use local sim I still wont be able to use video calling even though lots of network provider in India support video calling and included in the plan.

Please let me know if you still don't understand my issue.

Regards.

Vicky

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 Forgive me, I do understand your issue, it was just your last comment that I didn't fully understand. Thank you for clearing it up. I've checked against the case reference you gave and can see that one of our team have responded regarding your query in which there hasn't been a further reply from yourself. Please check your spam and junk mail and respond to the email if needed. 

View more options

Hi @Adam

The last email I recieved asking my phone's AP & CSC version which I replied with detsils and screenshot.

After that I didn't receive any email or update.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

View more options

@vicr76 I can see one of our advisers responded on 2 July - has this appeared in any spam or junk folders? 

If you're not able to locate this email, please reply to the latest email you received from us and we'll provide you an update.

View more options

Hi @Natasha

I have rechecked my Spam and Deleted folder and there is nothin from Vodafoneregarding updte on this issue.

I have also replied again to the email I recieved on 25/06/2018.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

View more options

Hi @teleworm

Thank you for your suggesion.

But this is not a downlaodable app but a function available on all phones. It does'nt matter if the other person got this or not but should bisible on your dailer.

Regards

Vicky

Vicky R

View more options