Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8+ Video Calling

Dennyjo8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have read so many posts on this issue, dating back to 2016, and I still can't believe Vodafone has STILL not resolved the problem!!!  

I am not able to make video calls on my new Samsung S8+, I have spent hours 'chatting' to both samsung and vodafone to try and get a solution - the latter have apparently never heard about there being an issue (and they were the technical team which doesn't bode well, as clearly no on is looking to resolve it!!!).  

I put my sim into my boyfriend's new S8 (to O2) and it worked perfectly - which obviously backs up the fact that this is to do with vodafone locking their phones and the firmware they use to do that.  

The solution I've been given is that I should send my phone away to samsung to 'investigate' - as I'm out of 30 day cool off this would mean I'm without a phone for 2 weeks which just is not do-able.  So I'm pretty much stuck with it!

It would be helpful if any moderator on the site could answer a few questions - 

a) if Vodafone have known about this issue for years and still not resolved it - why????

b) if there is a solution being worked on - when will it be available to us loyal paying customers who have been with vodafone for years??

c) will we be receiving any kind of compensation for not having this feature when it is clearly something that samsung support and alledgedly vodafone do too?  ( I have been repeatedly told that it's not vodafone's fault as they have activated the right settings on my account for me to be able to use video calling!

I also wondered if anyone else had tried getting their vodafone handset unlocked to see if this solves the problem? I have requested my unlocking code, I don't expect vodafone to refuse me!!!!

99 REPLIES 99

Hi @TJ

Can you please tell me a single provider who don't have video calling option in their dailer as I have checked all providers in UK an India with no issues. 

Any ways this is not a specific feature from network but a function with in phone so there is no reson to remove this.

Regards

Vicky R

I have a Galaxy S9+ supplied by Carphone Warehouse and it had the option of video call from within the dialer. Never used it but recently flashed Vodafone firmware so that I could use VoLTE and notice the option to use Video Call has now gone from within the dialer.

Hi Richy_01

Thank you for confirming that and that is the exact point I am trying to prove from last 3 years which Vodafone team in here trying to avoid and suggeating to use other applications.

All faults are with in Vodafone's firmware and head office also aware if it and confirmed to me but never bothered to resolve this .

Regards

Vicky R

Hi Vicky

I never much bother with video calls but noticed after I'd flashed the Vod firmware on S9+ that when you selected a contact there used to be 4 options under the name and now only 2 being text or call. Both video call and contact details seemed to have gone though you can still see or edit contact details.

Anyway, begs the question - how do you make a video call? I read mention of a Vodafone app 'Call +' but can find no sign of the app now. I know you can use Whatsapp but of course the person on other end would need to be using whatsapp. Took video calling for granted and never thought that Vodafone would remove it. 

Hi @Richy_01

You are right, no one never noticed about video calling option dissapeard on Vodafone handsets long time back. But Voda did know this atleast 3 years back when I raised this issue with head office and they never bothered to fix this as not much people shouted about this. People don't realise that Voda may be don't support video calling in UK but in their Euro roaming they clearly mentioned and included video calling.

About the call+ feature that is not of any use if the other person you calling is not on Voda network and I don't think you need to download any app for that. There is an option ib call settings somewhere to activate this option and then when you make a normal call and if the other person is on Voda network then the video call icon on dailer will be available otherwise it will be greyed out.

Regards

Vicky R

Hi

No its stll not working...

Vicky R

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vicr76 I'm really sorry to hear you're still having problems with this. Was there a follow up after the email you received from either our Technical team or Samsung themselves? 

Hi @Colleen,

Thank you fo the message.

I last reply I got from resolution team I have posted in my reply on 04/09/2018 in this tread asking for more time and also asking me to comtact Samsung directly when this is clear that there is no issue with handsets as all handsets from Samsung, other network provider and 3rd party are all working as it suppose to and got video calling function available but its only handsets provided direct from Vodafone is missing that button/ function.

This is a shame a big company like Vodafone is not able find a solution when this is raised almost 3 years ago.

Kind regards

Vicky R

Vicky R

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's dissapointing @vicr76

Have you sent a reply to the e-mail asking for a follow up at all? 

It might be the best thing to do if there's been no further communicaton for some time. 

Blair

Hi @Blair

That is what I'm doing from last 3 years with no positive result.

Don't you think it is illegal to remove a vital function from a phone and not even imforming customers regarding this.

Regards 

Vicky R

Vicky R