Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8 mobile data turns off during calls

dkolegal
1: Seeker

My partner and I have recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S8 and are both experiencing the same problem, I have researched this problem and notice that many other users across multiple networks are having the same issue. 

My mobile data is on and works excellently normally however when you make / receive a call the icon on the top disappears until the call is finished and you cannot access any internet whatsoever - this also causes any apps requiring data to fail. 

I have finally spoken to someone at Vodaphone who seemed to have a greater understanding of the issues but even he couldn't work out what was causing the problem. Has anyone else had similar issues. I can see other people have posted online about similar problems but nobody has posted what the actual solution is. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @dkolegal

First as Vodafone do not offer VoLTE everywhere and on a few phones when a person takes a call the phone if on 4G would automatically drop to 3G , H+ or whichever lower Data Connection is available at the time. Some phones handle this transition better than others. 

The s8 is a flagship so should be able to handle this. 

Second I believe it’s the Network and how it transitions between the call and data connection. 

So in practice when a person takes / makes a call Data Connection should be still working albeit at a slower speed connection. 

Some other people have issues where after a call the phone struggles to move back from the lower Connection to the higher one and can end up having to either turn airplane mode On and Off or soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On to refresh connection. 

All told I actually think this is a glitch that affects some in various ways and not to others which when it’s like this a Network is unable to pin point what exactly has occurred. 

I’m sorry I don’t have a definitive answer for you but I honestly do not think there is one at this stage !

I use / used many Networks as I’m Payg and some are better than others with this issue @dkolegal

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jthom189
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have also seen this same issue and have been in discussions with Vodafone since July. They are still trying to understand the issue. if I hear anything I'll let you know

regards

Julian

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jthom189 I can see there's a discussion on this on your previous thread.