Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8 that I bought a year ago has been randomly blacklisted

Alr061994
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I bought a brand new Samsung galaxy S8 around a year ago in Glasgow, I've never had any issues with the handset until yesterday around 5pm. I was unable to send/receive text messages, so I rebooted my phone, after which I had a message saying 'phone not allowed'. After googling this and speaking with a customer service agent, I discovered my handset had been blacklisted. There is apparently no evidence of any contact/notes/orders on my account, which is greatly concerning. Having worked for Vodafone I am greatly aware of how many broken processes exist within the company and I am not at all confident this will get resolved. I need an explanation as to why this has happened!! 

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It isn't necessarily Vodafone who have blacklisted the device.   There doesn't seem to be any kind of checksum involved in IMEIs and that phat phinger trouble can lead to the wrong number being entered.  Hang on for the forum team to pick this up as they'll be able to get account access and find out what's going on.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As @hrym advised @Alr061994, we'll be happy to look into why your phone's been blacklisted and get this removed. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.