cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8 wi-fi calling option missing? Is an NFC Sim an issue?

ascrivens
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have had my Samsung s8 since April, was a pre ordered device direct from Vodafone. I have been waiting for Wi-Fi calling to be enabled for this device as i beleive at launch Vodafone did not enable it. I have had 2 softwear updates since having the phone and as i can see on this forum people are now able to use Wi-Fi calling.

Now i don't seem to have the option in my phone settings but i have also noticed other Vodafone specific features also missing, there used to be settings for Call+ but they have also dissapaered, along with 'carrier sim menu' usually shows as an app called Vodafone with a simcard and gives your shortcuts to call CS or deactive voicemail for example.

One idea i thought is since joining you i had a replacement sim card for Vodafone Wallet, could the NFC sim be an issue? It seems my phone had lost Vodafone's extra settings?

I spoke to Vodafone tech support and didnt really get anywhere other than "Wi-Fi calling is enabled on your account"

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Going by the included handset models the s8 does not seem to have been added onto the WiFi calling info page. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

As i mentioned above, i can see people are now using Wi-Fi calling on Vodafone with the S8 inluding my friend!

Can anyone from Vodafone help?

Hi 

If you goto online chat and ask them if they can send you the wifi calling settings.

But I wouldn't bother at the moment vodafone wifi calling does not for some reason work on the s8 people cannot hear you but you can hear them.

This is what i am being told by Vodafone online chat, but i think i am being fobbed off...

"We are coming across these queries where customers are unable to access Wi Fi calling on Samsung devices like S6, S7 and S8 after the nougat update.

We are working hard with Samsung to get this issue sorted as son as possible as a lot of Samsung customers are querying about the same.

Samsung will soon be releasing a new update to fix this issue and then Wi Fi calling will be accessible on all the top end Samsung models."

Does not look like im going get anywhere with this... :smileysad:

No that's wrong go back onto chat and say to them to send you the configuration messages again etc once you got the message install it and then turn off the phone and back on should take UP TO 30 mins. 

Just to update for anyone having the same issues. My phone updated over the weekend and WIFI calling is now an option although the one time i tried to use it i could'nt hear the call. I have only had one time the call went over WIFI so i'll wait to test it out again soon.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Just to add even though I don't have an s8 

First I think they are not shipped with it is due to differing price plans as all are not available and not everyone wants it 

And as for the updates I was told mine would come with nougat but it didn't it came with the June one 

And also not every customer uses this forum and there is one thread alone on here with 157 posts just regarding Wi-Fi calling so you can imagine the problem they have to deal with 

And from my own experience even though it's a Vodafone feature I think there is a piece of software that is preventing it from functioning properly 

I only know this as  I had the texts and everything and the second update Samsung sent out I got working even though it was there it just wouldn't work 

GrahamHC
1: Seeker

I was told by Samsung that this was a carrier issue. Vodafone have said it is activated but Samsung are saying that wifi calls are not compatible with S8. Difficult to believe that.