Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S9 message problem

djs1970
4: Newbie

Hi

Unsure whether this has happened since updating recently to Android Pie.

I have only noticed this happens to one person so far, but if I send a message it fails to be delivered. I've checked the chat settings and it is set to chat, also advanced calling and messaging is on. However if I select text/mutimedia msgs or switch off advanced calling and messaging off this person then receives messages I send.

I've done a factory reset on the phone, checked to see if I'm blocked, but this has made no difference.

Is there a setting or something that isn't set correctly?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @djs1970 

Please see these links: 

Why are my messages sometimes sent as chat and sometimes as texts? 

Message + 

As this is only happening to one person, the most likely reason this is happening is due to the contact not using message +.  The only way to stop this is to turn off message + in your message settings as you have been doing, all messages will then be sent as standard SMS/MMS.

The phone I am sending to is a Samsung S7 and I've looked at the settings of this phone and it seems to be the same as mine, so I'm guessing they can receive these type of messages. 

Despite one person on here and my local shop no one knew of any problems around this area regarding signal the other week, but there was. Could there still be a problem of sorts?

I don't think my phone can send as chat or sms, it's one or the other as I've also tried the automatic option. 

I texted 9770 and it came back OK.

Are my settings 100% correct? Apart from the chat settings I haven't touched any of them.

BandOfBrothers

Just to add 》 Personally I use the Samsung stock messaging app @djs1970 without issues.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.