Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung galaxy S8 Issues

Heather133
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Heya,

My phone has been going through some weird issues...

- It restarts once the screen goes off. If I try and switch it off, it just restarts

- It isn't recognising my sim card, sd card, headphones and bluetooth wont switch on

- Wifi is still working and it will still charge

- it wont let me factory reset. If I do it through settings it circles back to the same point each time. As I can't turn my phone off, I can't turn it on to go to the override menu

Any  suggestions? I'm completely at a loss. I haven't dropped it or anything, it was working fine one minute and then this.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's not good @Heather133 

If this was my phone I'd try "Press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby +Power buttons at the same time. Release all buttons when the phone vibrates. From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset. Allow up to 15 seconds for the Android Recovery screen to appear."

If that didn't work then if you have a local Samsung Experience Store go there or the nearest samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre as they have in house software to reset it.

The phone is covered for 2 years as long as it hasn't been dropped or water has gotten into it or it's been rooted.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store would typically send it away to be firmware flashed. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.