main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Samsung s8 MMS NOT WORKING

Spottydotty
2: Seeker

Hello

I can't get my phone to send mms messages. I keep getting 'MMS not supported by network ' errors. I have requested the settings from vodafone and subsequently installed them.  I have also added an APN manually with the settings on Vodafone website but still didnt work. Ive taken the sim out and reinserted. Here's what the contract wap settings looks like ive ss them. They are greyed out so i cant alter then. The third option is changable but there's no radio toggle button so I can't select it.  

Screenshot_20180319-084810.png

This is the third option in my APN settings which can be altered but there is no radio button on APN screen so can't select it.This is the third option in my APN settings which can be altered but there is no radio button on APN screen so can't select it.

Can anyone help please? ThanksScreenshot_20180319-084801.png

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Spottydotty

Until moderated, I can't see your images but by the sound of things, MMS is not provisioned against your account. If you contact Vodafone by calling or using live chat, they will be able to provision the service to your account.

If you are going to be sending MMS on a regular basis, you might like to consider the MMS package, details below.

Vodafone Extras

With MMS becoming an outdated service, the other alternatives are applications such as WhatApp, or sending by email, this way the picture message will come out of your data allowance.

View more options
Spottydotty

Thanks for your reply. I went through to Live chat earlier this morning and was told there are no restrictions on me sending MMS. I was then told to turn off and remove/reinsert sim card, which i did but it still doesnt send. Not to worry I'll call into a vodafone store and hopefully they will be able to sort it. Thanks

View more options
hrym
17: Community Champion

MMS provisioning isn't, afaik, on by default.   I've heard of customer services saying they can see no retrictions, which is true, but they don't seem to realise that they also need to do something positive: ie, provision it.

As @AnnS says, it's a bit of a legacy service and each message is chargeable unless you buy an add-on.   Now that email, WhatsApp etc are available, sending a picture can be done over data and come out of your inclusive allowance (or you can use wifi).

View more options
Spottydotty

Thanks. I don't use mms very often but wanted to send a screenshot to someone who I dont have an email for and and am not on messenger with.

I shall call into vodafone shop and mention the provisioning thing. 

Thank you

View more options