Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sd card

mancman
4: Newbie

I've had an sd card in my galaxy note 4 now for ages and for some reason today on my notification bar there was a symbol like an sd card and now I can't find the external memory sectionin my files so it's like there's no memory card in the phone

2 REPLIES 2

redpages
17: Community Champion

I'd try the SD card in another device to see if it works. If it doesn't then it points to there being a failure error with the card itself. If it doesn't then it's likely to be an issue with your phone. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

hrym

It's an odd one as the symbol suggests the device knows there's a card in there, even though it can't read it.   Have you looked in the full manual (you can download it from Samsung, probably under Support) to see what the symbol is trying to tell you?   It would also be woryh turning the phone off and on again (if you haven't already), in case that remounts the card.   Failing that, remove it - turn the device off if you can't eject the card - and, as Redpages says, check it in another device anyway before remounting it.  If the card works and putting it back doesn't solve the problem, it could be the card slot in the phone.

You could also go into the Camera app and see whether you can select the card as the default storage option or, if you've done that already, it's still set to that.  If it is, take a picture and see if it turns up in the gallery - it it does, the Details option should show you the location.   Finally, there should be a file manager app on the phone - can that see the card?