Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports Mobile TV not working - Android 10

GreenShell2014
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi. The Sky Sports Mobile app is no longer working ever since I updated my Google Pixel 3 XL to Android 10.

I've tried everything suggested on chat. The app needs to be updated from Sky I assume. However, I've contacted Sky and they have said that as it's Vodafone that offer the service to it's customers, they need to contact Sky to escalate the matter.

I got in touch with Vodafone again and they said they would email on my behalf. This was a week ago and I've had no reply.

I have looked for help on Sky forum and there's discussion on there too about Sky Sports Mobile TV no longer working since Android 10 was launched. I've also seen on Twitter it being mentioned.

I've contacted Vodafone on Twitter and they gave me the usual suggestions. Reinstall app, clear cache/data etc. They are oblivious to Android 10 whenever I mention it on Twitter or on chat on the Vodafone app.

I use Sky Sports all the time. I had no hesitation choosing it for my Red Entertainment. It seems like Vodafone and Sky were not ready for Android 10 to be released and I haven't seen it work for anyone that's updated their phones to Android 10.

I've emailed developers of the app. I've chatted to the Vodafone team on the My Vodafone app. I've contacted Sky and Vodafone over Twitter. I've registered on Sky forum where there are other people that have the same issue. No one on Android 10 has it working. What else can I do?

23 REPLIES 23

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @GreenShell2014 

Please see the sol.ution on this thread: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Sky-sports-mobile-tv-app-not-working/td-p/2618226

Give this a try and let the forum know how you get on.

hrym

It's not really acceptable for Sky to pass the issue back to Vodafone, who are only acting as an intermediary for the subscription (afaik, the service itself doesn't pass through them in any way).

Platform updates sometimes cause app issues, but the details are normally shared with developers well in adance of release so that issues can be avoided.   With more and more devices getting updates direct from Google, the excuse of waiting for manufacturers and networks to catch up really doesn't hold water.

With luck, the solution thta @AnnS has linked to will work for you.   Simply clearing recent apps and forcing anything you open to start from scratch can solve a host of problems too.

Yeah, I didn't like Sky's reply. I told them I thought it was an unacceptable response after they sent me this email (check attachment). Vodafone should push them to release an update instead it's customers having to chase it up. They should be in constant communication with the link they have.

Hi @GreenShell2014 We're aware of the issue some of our customers are experiencing when trying view Sky Sports app through an Android 10 handset. Their developers are looking into this and will release an updatefor the app as soon as one's available. We'll update everyone here as soon as we've got any further information.

@Mark wrote:

Hi @GreenShell2014 We're aware of the issue some of our customers are experiencing when trying view Sky Sports app through an Android 10 handset. Their developers are looking into this and will release an updatefor the app as soon as one's available. We'll update everyone here as soon as we've got any further information.

Hi Mark. Many thanks for the reply. I'm glad there's a fix on the way. Been on the online chat a few times since I first reported the problem and they've all seemed oblivious to the issue. Even the team on Twitter. I'm glad it's finally been acknowledged. Missing Sky Sports.

@Mark wrote:

Hi Mark. Been a month since first reported. Have you guys heard from Sky?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We haven't received an update yet @GreenShell2014 - as @Mark has said we'll be sure to let you know on the thread here once we have some more information.

Same here and this is what I got from Vodafone:

We appreciate that you're conscious that you're paying for the service and not getting full use out of it. Hopefully the service will be back up and running soon. As this is a fault on Sky's end it is something you would need to contact them about as we don't have any influence over the services. Alana

Unbelievable!

That is unbelievable that Vodafone are passing it on to Sky and not willing to compensate customers for a service they cannot use. Surely, something needs to be done to ensure the app is working asap!