Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports Mobile TV not working - Android 10

GreenShell2014
3: Seeker

Hi. The Sky Sports Mobile app is no longer working ever since I updated my Google Pixel 3 XL to Android 10.

I've tried everything suggested on chat. The app needs to be updated from Sky I assume. However, I've contacted Sky and they have said that as it's Vodafone that offer the service to it's customers, they need to contact Sky to escalate the matter.

I got in touch with Vodafone again and they said they would email on my behalf. This was a week ago and I've had no reply.

I have looked for help on Sky forum and there's discussion on there too about Sky Sports Mobile TV no longer working since Android 10 was launched. I've also seen on Twitter it being mentioned.

I've contacted Vodafone on Twitter and they gave me the usual suggestions. Reinstall app, clear cache/data etc. They are oblivious to Android 10 whenever I mention it on Twitter or on chat on the Vodafone app.

I use Sky Sports all the time. I had no hesitation choosing it for my Red Entertainment. It seems like Vodafone and Sky were not ready for Android 10 to be released and I haven't seen it work for anyone that's updated their phones to Android 10.

I've emailed developers of the app. I've chatted to the Vodafone team on the My Vodafone app. I've contacted Sky and Vodafone over Twitter. I've registered on Sky forum where there are other people that have the same issue. No one on Android 10 has it working. What else can I do?

23 REPLIES 23

Thank you tj. I think to be honest I'm going to still go down the official complaint route because I've already done what you suggested - that's where I kept being told it's not Vodafone's issue so I should speak to sky myself.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting back in touch @TonyPotter. I understand how frustrating this must be, especially having our Red Entertainment plan and not being able to make the most out of it; I really hope the issue's resolved quickly.

If you do get back in touch via our social channels, I'll be sure that you're moved over to either Spotify or NOW TV in the meantime. If not, please keep us updated on your complaint and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks for the reply. That was one of the things I mentioned in my original post. Someone on chat on My Vodafone app recommended trying that. It doesn't work for Android 10. It might have worked for an older version.

Pbilby

I have the same issue, since I updated to android 10 on my pixel 3 XL I cannot access sky sports. I have been in contact with Vodafone and they have tried so many things and still not working. This is a disgrace from Vodafone, I am paying for a service I cannot use in my phone contract. Missing out on big games I wish to watch.  There seems to be no solutions as well from anyone! Surely we should be compensated!