Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky Sports tv android 10

MickBi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why do vodafone think that it is acceptable that when I contact support regarding Sky Sports App android 10 and spend over an hour with  message support, no solution and given a ref. I then try again a week later and spend another hour with tech support and again no solution .Then find out on this forum that there is a problem with the app.

Why do tech support not know of the issue and just waste subscribers valuable time

Why when android 10 was out on beta release for developers  was the issue regarding the app not picked up then and fixed before the full release.

12 REPLIES 12

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know how frustrating it must be not being able to use your Sky Sports app @MickBi. We've had a few people contact us about not being able to access it properly. 

Have you tried all of the first trouble shooting steps, such as un-installing the app, clearing your cache and cookies etc?

There's another thread here, where someone has mentioned this could be an issue with the Sky app being out of date; so we're waiting on an update from them. 

@TJ wrote:

We know how frustrating it must be not being able to use your Sky Sports app @MickBi. We've had a few people contact us about not being able to access it properly. 

Have you tried all of the first trouble shooting steps, such as un-installing the app, clearing your cache and cookies etc?

There's another thread here, where someone has mentioned this could be an issue with the Sky app being out of date; so we're waiting on an update from them. 

Yes thanks I have repeatedly tried those. The same happened when android 8 was introduced. 

I understand it may be a sky problem however my entertainment pack is contracted via Vodafone therefore it is clearly a Vodafone issue to sort on my behalf as my contract is not being delivered

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I appreciate this @MickBi and I get that it's frustrating especially with all the football, cricket, F1 and occasional boxing shows on Sky Sports but until the app has been updated there won't be anything that we can do. 

@TJ wrote:

Still not heard anything. Still suggesting same things. Hoping they're on the app developers case to release an update as soon as possible.

So we are month further on and I still don't have sky sports. Is there any news?

@MickBi wrote:

So we are month further on and I still don't have sky sports. Is there any news?

No news. Pretty terrible service. An update to support an Android update shouldn't be that hard. More and more phones are starting to get Android 10 now. More people will have problems. False advertising offering Sky Sports as part of Red Entertainment with new devices.

Anyway, I got Vodafone to sign me up to NOW TV until it starts working. And they're taking £10 off my bill every month until it works also.

Hi all, I can understand how frustrating this issue is. Sky's developers are working hard with Android to get this issue sorted and will release and update as sson as they get everything in place. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

I know there's some other posts about trying to fix this issue and I've tried them all. I rang Sky up and they're not really bothered as they don't see it as their fault. So I rang Vodafone up and eventually spoke to someone who was aware of the pro led. That was a couple of weeks ago.

Is there any update as it's not worked for over a month and I've missed some cracking games.

If you're unaware of the issue it started after a big android update, ever since then the app won't let you access live TV as it thinks your phone isn't the same phone as before the update. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @barnsleymat, we've raised this to our dedicated team previously. They're continuously chasing for updates from Sky - once we have an update we'll post this on the thread.