Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sluggish phone solved - My Vodafone app

chrisw99
4: Newbie

I've had a sluggish HTC One M8 for a while, it was taking ages to do anything and was nowhere near like it used to be.

Installed Trepn Profiler to do some analysis, and lo and behold when absolutely nothing was running on the phone (after a reboot), the My Vodafone app was still taking 25-40% CPU constantly.  Uninstalled My Vodafone, and now the phone is like new again.

I did use the app to keep track of my allowances, but not going to bother now.  Anyone know what the app is doing and is it possible to install it without this behaviour that makes the phone unusable?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've never comes across the myvodafone app causing that much issue with a phones performance !

Assuming your on the most up to date app build and software I'd look at clearing the apps data and cache files. 

If that does not help then their should be a way to report back bugs within the app. 

In the interim Data Monitors are available via the App Store and access to myvodafone via your browser url maybe an interim solution. 

Also > How-do-I-keep-track-of-my-monthly-usage.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I don't have My Vodafone on my M8, but it is on my M9 and doesn't cause any problems.   In the first instance, I'd suggest clearing recent apps and the app's own cache from Settings|Apps.  You could also try a force stop, too.   The next stage would be to clear data as well, but that would involve setting the app up again and I don't know whether that would throw up any issues (it shouldn't, but I've never done it).