Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart N8 - muted by default

CJPG7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a brand new Smart N8 phone. When I ring someone or they ring me, they cannot hear me, but I can hear them. The only way round this is to press the speaker icon on the call screen whilst the call is being made. Surely, the phone shouldn't be muted by default? Is there a way to change this?

25 REPLIES 25

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @CJPG7 not sure about your phone but have you had a look in settings, sound, volumes, call and made sure that is at maximum.

Alternatively during a call, press the volume up button to increase the sound level.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, all sounds are set at maximum.

Chris

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CJPG7 – I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with your new phone.

I recommend you visit your local Vodafone store where the advisers can take a look at the phone and if needed, arrange a repair.

Hi - did you resolve this - I have exactly the same problem with a new N8

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Derekrl We'd like to help.

So we can take a closer look, please visit your nearest store where our advisers will be happy to assess your phone further.

Purchased new Vodafone Smart N8 Sunday 23/07/2017 and today Tuesday 25/07/2017 having similar problem (muted by default)

Did you get this problem resolved by visit to Vodafone store?

Pity it will be a long journey to resolve this, was hoping for easy to follow instructions.

My phone has exactly the same problem, almost all the time. Sometimes it works for a while and then not, help!

Kevmo
1: Seeker

Purchased Smart N8  2 days ago and having same problem (muted by default) Did you get this problem resolved at local Vodafone store?