Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart N8 - muted by default

CJPG7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a brand new Smart N8 phone. When I ring someone or they ring me, they cannot hear me, but I can hear them. The only way round this is to press the speaker icon on the call screen whilst the call is being made. Surely, the phone shouldn't be muted by default? Is there a way to change this?

25 REPLIES 25

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Kevmo - I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with your new Vodafone Smart N8.

If you’ve only had this a few days, you can return it to store.

If you ordered it online, call us on 191 (or 03333 040 191) to get this exchanged.

Go to "App permissions" select "Microphone" turn off permission for "Google" I had the same problem and this fixed it. I've yet to find out what this does to Google, probably turned voice search off.

Thanks for that suggestion. I did a factory reset, which solved it. 

I have the same problem too. Only got my phone last week and it took ages to get registred, then found it was defaulted to answerphone and just yesterday I found that it was mutedby default. 

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lizard99 Are you still experiencing issues? :Smiling:

@John I posted the solution for this further up the thread.

Hi - I have switched off the microphone on Google and people can hear me.

I also like to use messenger and whatsapp to phone people but am having the same problem , I can hear them but they can not hear me. Does any one else have this problem. ?

Bimboj

steveblowers
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Go to "App permissions" select "Microphone" turn off permission for "Google" I had the same problem and this fixed it. I've yet to find out what this does to Google, probably turned voice search off.

many thanks steveblowers, this worked perfectly for me too. This is the first few days i was able to make a normal call.

Glad I could help. 🙂