Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Platinum 7 issues with saving contacts

em39
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Although I'm generally happy with this phone, one issue that's driving me mad is it won't save new contacts!

I go to contacts, + contact, put in the name and no., it saves it, then sometimes minutes after, sometimes hours, occasionally days, and the contact has gone..

Where I've text or phoned someone, and originally the name came up, it randomly reverts to just the no.

I've tried adding the new contact to my Outlook account, but this doesn't appear to make any difference, and I shouldn't have to do that anyway, I'm now having to save new contacts to a notes section..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I went to the Vodafone store, again.. the 1st time the girl wasn't interested and no help, this time the chap was very helpful and thought it might be because my contacts were syncing with my hotmail account, not my gmail account.

I've now saved a couple, syncing with gmail, and they're still there so I'm hoping this was the fix!

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sounds like it could be a syncing issue with one re-writing the other. Is there any option to save directly to the SIM itself?

It's a tricky one to diagnose without playing around with the phone menu settings. It might be worth taking it to a Vodafone store to have them check it out. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

I went to the Vodafone store, again.. the 1st time the girl wasn't interested and no help, this time the chap was very helpful and thought it might be because my contacts were syncing with my hotmail account, not my gmail account.

I've now saved a couple, syncing with gmail, and they're still there so I'm hoping this was the fix!

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@em39 This is great to hear, thanks for taking the time to provide us with an update 😊

I'm sorry to hear about the adviser who wasn't able to help. If you'd like us to pass your feedback onto them, please let us know which store you visited and if possible, the name of the lady you spoke with.