cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 Android 5.1.1 cant answer calls from notification bar with new Vodafone contract sim?

ched999uk
2: Seeker

Had Smart Ultra 6 for about 2 years and all OK, was using TalkTalk who used Vodafone network.

Switched to Vodafone contract last week and now cant answer phone calls via the notification bar. When using the phone and I receive a call the notification comes up at the top and shows who is calling and if I press or hold teh answer icon nothing happens. I can press or hold the Dismiss icon but again nothing.

If I press the persons image icon I get the swipe right to answer, left to dismiss  screen and this works fine.

If I boot into safe mode answering from the notification bar works fine. So there must be some app interfering. This has only happened since I have inserted new Vodafone sim.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ched999uk

Thanks ffor the replies.

When booting to safe mode it works perfectly. So I guess it's being caused by a downloaded app.

I will have to try and work out which one. Is there anyway to download the standard Vodafone apps?

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Different networks offer different features on a phone which a SIM card can drive. 

Try removing and re inserting the sim card. 

If you think its an app then if your pho e allows it put it in Safe Mode which will turn off all the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can then help you determine if its a rogue app causing this issue. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ched999uk

Talk Mobile is owned and is part of Vodafone.  With the phone being a Vodafone device, any feature used with Talk Mobile will be able to be used with Vodafone.

I suggest you go through the notification and call settings on your phone.  The other alternative is to do a factory reset and set the phone up again from scratch. 

BandOfBrothers

Not always. 

I've used / use o2 and Giffgaff and found some features are network dependant as an example.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

ched999uk

Thanks ffor the replies.

When booting to safe mode it works perfectly. So I guess it's being caused by a downloaded app.

I will have to try and work out which one. Is there anyway to download the standard Vodafone apps?

hrym

If you look at Google Play and search for Vodafone, you'll see the ones that are available.   However, these will only install alongside what you already have.   The only way to find the culprit in this case is by elimination and that means uninstalling until the problem is fixed.   I'd be inclined to start with anything that relates specifically to the previous service provider as these are the ones that would be most likely to cause conflict with Vodafone.   If they aren't uninstallable, you could try disabling them instead, unless that option's greyed out as well.

The devices I use don't have notification bar answering, so I'm not used to it.  However, have you tried tapping or sliding instead of long-pressing?  

BandOfBrothers

@ched999ukwrote:

Thanks ffor the replies.

Glad the safe mode suggestion helped.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >