Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 7 - unable to charge

elrichio86
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had this Smart Ultra 7 for about a year, and until the last month its been fine.  However since January, its been rubbish at charging - trickle charge at best, not getting about 50%-ish even plugged in overnight.  And then today its dropped from 40% to 0% in an hour and simply will not charge any more.  I've tried every combination of charger and cable I own and nothing seems to work.

Anybody else having issues with it?  I've tried a factory reset, but thats not helped. What else can I try?

So I'm guessing it needs a replacement battery, yes?  If so, how much do Vodafone usually charge for this?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Use a torch to look inside the charging port for any lint build up @elrichio86

If not the case then a Vodafone High street Store can send it away under the 24 month manufacturing warranty as long as it shows no signs of accidental damage or none of the water sensors havent been tripped. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @elrichio86

When a battery has been left to fully discharge, it can start to behave badly.  If possible, it is best to place on a charger at 30%.

Try plugging the phone in and leaving it for 24 hours, if you notice a small charge, turn the phone off and back on, it may start to charge normally.

If you still have problems follow repair process from support below.

Repairs Support

Well its now been plugged in circa 8 hours, and its still shows as 0% battery although its registering thats its plugged in as it says "charging on AC". And as soon as I unplug it it switches off again. I'll switch it off completely and leave it plugged in for a while and see if that takes.

I bought it new from a eBay seller (still sealed so definitely new). Does that have any effect on the manufacturer warranty? 

BandOfBrothers

Something very wrong then. 

The manufacturing warranty follows the phone so buying it off eBay will have no negative bearing on this as long as its not a clone etc. 

Usually going from the Consumer Rights Act 2015 its the Retailer you should approach for support. I.e. the seller as they apply the manufacturing warranty.  

Although the manufacturers tend to be supportive too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@elrichio86 As advised by @BandOfBrothers, if you can visit your local store, they'll be happy to take a look at your charging issues and provide advice on what needs to happen to get your Smart Ultra 7 fixed.