cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart V8 won't turn on (red light while plugged in)

iAmDisappoint
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

last night my smart v8 was at about 20% battery, i came to check it again a short time later and it was off which seemed premature.

i tried to start the phone but i got no on screen message that the battery was drained, the red charging light would just flash, i thought nothing of it and forgot about it.

A few hours later i tried plugging it in to charge it, normally this is accompanied by a battery symbol on screen showing a percentage of charge meter. Currently I've had it plugged in for 15 mins, (i can usually turn it back on instantly) All i have is a solid red light when charging.. but the power button does nothing. Long hold or short, there is no response.

Why has my phone suddenly bricked?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @iAmDisappoint 

You can try a factory reset as a last resort this can resolve issues like a charging problem.

However, it may come down to a repair, follow this link: How do I book a device in for repair?

The phone will have a 24 month warranty, this is providing there is no evidence of water damage or missuse.

Fortunately after about an hour of charging i was able to turn it on with a long press of the power button and volume up.

hrym

Glad to hear you're sorted.  If a battery goes flat, it can take several hours of being plugged in before it even starts charging, so leaving it was the correct thing to do.   It's generally inadvisable to allow a battery to flatten completely as, if the phone loses power in the middle of a write to storage, that can then get corrupted and the phone will be completely bricked.  A lot of devices power down cleanly at very low battery to prevent this happening.