main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Smart ultra 6 auxiliary out not working!

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Just so you are aware of other users this is affecting. My wife and I both have vf su6 phones, and immediately after the marshmallow update both our phones stopped working with aux out to our HiFi 😞

View more options
Highlighted

@Chibbert So we can arrange a visit from ZTE with you, I've sent you a private message with details to contact us directly.

Once we have your information, we'll be able to assist you further.

View more options
Highlighted

Was a solution ever found for this as my aux is still not working.

View more options
Highlighted

@Dbb We're going to have this looked into and get you an answer as soon as possible. 

Once we have an update, we'll be in touch 😊

View more options
Highlighted

Can I assume that the tech team failed to fix this and gave up?

View more options
Highlighted

We wouldn't just give up trying to resolve a customers query untill all avenues have been exhausted @Will_cain. So we can help you further, please provide a little more information about the problem you're facing with the auxiliary out on your handset. 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware, one of the recent Android updates disabled the headphone socket for anything other than headphones.   This was a security thing and (afaik) detects two-way connections and blocks them as a possible entry route for malware.  The only workround (again, afaik) is to use USB or Bluetooth - the latter via an adaptor if necessary.

View more options
Highlighted

Right the sound always works on real headphones.

It does not work on the aux input in the car.

I can make it work by either connecting using a headphone splitter and pluging into one of the inputs on the splitter or :-

I can make it work for music by installing Soundabout and pointing at Wired headphones.

My phone runs 6.0.1 Android and it looks like that's never going to be updated. Is that true?

Thanks for the  response

View more options
Highlighted

As Android have released the 8.0 (Oreo) operating system, it may be that they are no longer updating the 6.0.1 (Marshmellow) system.

You can check if you're using the most up to date version by following the below instructions 😊

• Open the Settings menu for your Android. ...
  • Scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap About device. ...
  • Tap System updates. ...
  • Tap Check for update. ...
  • Tap Download or Yes if an update is available. ...
  • Tap Install Now after the update has downloaded. ...
  • Connect your device to a charger.

View more options
Highlighted

The aux connection update came with Android 6 (Marshmallow), I think.   As far as I know, the functionality hasn't been reintroduced in later versions, but I can't check as I don't use it.

It does cause issues with vehicle connections if you don't have USB or Bluetooth.  That said, the Nougat (7) update, removed the option to use the phone has a hifi head unit, as far as I can see.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for that.

I know how to update Android on my phone, unfortunately Vodafone think my phone is uptodate and don't offer me any new version of Android. If you know how to get it to me......

View more options
Highlighted

There comes a point in the life of any device when it ceases to get updates.   This can be down to the size of the user base or the capabilities of the device itself.   I have two HTC phones, and M8, which has got to 6 and an M9 which has 7, but neither will get any further.

View more options
Highlighted

Well, if the sound problem is caused by Android 6 and I can't get off Android 6 we might as well close this as I suspect Vodafone aren't going to offer a patch. I'm reasonably happy now I've found 3 ways round it

Cheers

View more options
Highlighted

If this issue related to the Android oprating system @Will_cain, we're restricted on what we can do to eliminate this. Have you tried contacting the Android Support team regarding this?

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@Mark wrote:

We wouldn't just give up trying to resolve a customers query untill all avenues have been exhausted @Will_cain. So we can help you further, please provide a little more information about the problem you're facing with the auxiliary out on your handset. 

This seems like nonsense. I've just retired my SU6 that I had for about 30 months, with this being an issue for around 1/2 that time.   Not fixing something for what is roughly half to life of a cheap phone is the same as not fixing it at all. By this time, everyone this issue was affecting has either found a workaround, given up on auxilery sound or bought a different phone.  And lots of people would have lost, damaged or just upgraded.  All those people never got a fix.  If you do fix it in the future, you have still failed to fix for all those people who no longer use it, and you've denied the functionality for more than a year to those users who persisted with it. 

And just because you haven't closed the ticket doesn't mean you are going to fix  anything - if you couldn't do it over a year ago when the problem was fresh, you had a much larger user base and ZTE hadn't withdrawn it's device support due to sanctions and wasn't threatened with ruin, do you really think you are going to solve it now?  ("you" is Vodafone, btw)

It's not a pure android problem.  It was a bug that apparently appeared on quite a few phones before with a marshmallow upgrade (which means it should have been tested for) and appeared to have affected everyone with this model after the upgrade.  However it is not a design feature of Android, as my new Oreo moto g works perfectly well with speakers the SU6 could no longer talk to. 

View more options
Highlighted

That's odd.   Speakers are a purely output (play) device, so whould work the same as headphones.  The problems tend to come with vehicle connections where the interaction is more complex.

View more options