Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart v10 drops calls at 29 mins 30 secs

lauren14
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I stop my Vodafone smart v10 dropping calls? I keep getting cut off at 29mins and 30 secs. I already have data turned off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @lauren14 

There was a thread on the forum with the Google Pixel having the same problem with calls dropping after 29 mins 30 secs, what worked was to turn off 4G and just use the 2G or 3G network.

Strange it only happened using the 4G network, my guess it was due to the number of connections and connections for almost 30 mins were kicked off to allow new connections.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @lauren14 

There was a thread on the forum with the Google Pixel having the same problem with calls dropping after 29 mins 30 secs, what worked was to turn off 4G and just use the 2G or 3G network.

Strange it only happened using the 4G network, my guess it was due to the number of connections and connections for almost 30 mins were kicked off to allow new connections.

Hi @AnnS, I already have 4g turned off but it still happens.

BandOfBrothers

@lauren14 

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone  ?

Also sometimes having the sim card swapped via a sim swap can help.

Sim Swap. 

Customer services via Live Chat or 191 or the Social Media Team's can check your account too. Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @lauren14 

You mention you have turned off 4G, you would have done this through your connection settings and the phone will only connect to 2 and 3G..  What worked on a previous thread for the Google Pixel here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Pixel-3xl-drops-calls-after-half-hour/td-p/2657129was to turn off WiFi calling.

This does seem to be a problem not only with Vodafone and the phone you are using, this is inconveniencing when you are held in a queue and the call drops.