Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Snapchat not working properly on Vodaphone V10

Triene
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

V10 and snapchat not yet compatible? I can record videos but they dont replay, therefore I cannot edited them or save them to my device. It always says "unable to save". I un-installed, re-installed app. All software is up to date. Store gave me another phone, same model but still doesnt work. Snapchat works fine on my old V8. Will the software be updated soon so it's compatible? If not I have to return this phone as it's not working properly. Has anybody else experienced this? The store said that would raise the issue with HO. I hope they do!

12 REPLIES 12

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Triene, this isn't something we've had any other customers contacting us about. When you were given the new phone, diid you install your apps etc from a back up of your old phone?

Hi Mark,

I only used back up for contacts and photos. Everything is from scratch. In my local shop they took a new phone from their stockroom and couldn't get SC to work either when I logged in. The app works fine except for the taking a video part. It takes a video, I can send it, people receive it. It does not replay it to me, I cannot edit nor save it. Maybe it has not been flagged up because teenagers would rarely buy a vodaphone V10 ? And your average middle aged customer who buys this won't use Snapchat. 2 members of staff tried to help but agreed that it's a system fault. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If this has been identified as a firmware issue @Triene, I'm unable to provide any information aboout when the update will be available. If more information about this, please see our firmware statement.

Sorry I don't understand your message, so it has been identified as firmware issue or you are not sure? Okay, I will take the phone back for a full refund and use the older V8 phone again. Snapchat worked perfectly on that model. Shame that the camera is not as good. Thanks. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for any confusion @Triene. I must've misunderstood. I thought from your earlier message the in store team had advised it was problem with the phones firm/software Is this not the case?

Oh okay. They weren't really sure in the shop. They agreed that the fault was not with Snapchat but that the software on the V10 is perhaps not yet compatible to run SC properly. The choices I was left with was to exchange it into another model (they recommended Samsung), wait for a software update which might never come,  get a refund,  use my old phone again (rubbish camera but everything works or have this phone send to the technical team for checking and possible repair. None the wiser really what I should do now...

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've had a little search on the internet  and it appears you're not alone and it's not just Vodafone handsets that are affected. There are a few mentions on this on various sites and forums and a number of fixes are suggested. I've listed a few of the more common ones here

Restart your phone and after that, if Snaps still won't load, try a hard restart. For your handset you do this by following the below instructions.

1. Firstly, hold down the Power key for a few seconds in order to turn off the phone.
  2. Then press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
  3. Release held keys when you see the VODAFONE logo in front of you.

Clearing your Snapchat cache also helps, to do this Open Settings > Apps > Snapchat > Storage, and tap on "Clear Cache". 

The final suggestion that helped a number of users, is deleting and restoring the app through Google Play store.

Let me know how you get on following these and if they don't help, we'll be happy to take a closer look into this 🕵️

Hi, many thanks for that. All these don't apply as the app works fine on my phone except for the video part. I restarted the phone, uninstalled, reinstalled. The app does everything it should do except for this: When a take a sc video it normally replays itself on a loop and I can cut and edit the video before I sent it to my SC friends. This function doesn't work anymore and I cannot watch the video I took. I tried to save the video to enable me to watch and edit it but it cannot save it, saying save failed. Chat works, taking/ sending pictures works. Everything is ok but the video part is not functioning. 

Hi, many thanks for that. All these don't apply as the app works fine on my phone except for the video part. I restarted the phone, uninstalled, reinstalled. The app does everything it should do except for this: When a take a sc video it normally replays itself on a loop and I can cut and edit the video before I sent it to my SC friends. This function doesn't work anymore and I cannot watch the video I took. I tried to save the video to enable me to watch and edit it but it cannot save it, saying save failed. Chat works, taking/ sending pictures works. Everything is ok but the video part is not functioning. I clear the cache daily. The shop checked the settings of my phone and all is as it should be. Up to date and everything. 😫