Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Snapchat not working properly on Vodaphone V10

Triene
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

V10 and snapchat not yet compatible? I can record videos but they dont replay, therefore I cannot edited them or save them to my device. It always says "unable to save". I un-installed, re-installed app. All software is up to date. Store gave me another phone, same model but still doesnt work. Snapchat works fine on my old V8. Will the software be updated soon so it's compatible? If not I have to return this phone as it's not working properly. Has anybody else experienced this? The store said that would raise the issue with HO. I hope they do!

12 REPLIES 12

Sorry, I should have added that I can send the video. It appears frozen to me and obviously I cannot edit it or add anything but people received videos from me. I just would like to see it before I send it and save it at times. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Triene, clearing your Snapchat cache may help with your playback issue. If not, have you thought of speaking to Snapchat's Support team? They may be able to think of something neither our in-store team or I have. If this fails to get your videos playing, I suggest popping back into store and see if they can send it off to our repair centre. One of our engineers will then be able to check for a fault with the phone and fix anything they encounter.

Hey again. I contacted SC and they asked me if it worked on my old phone, a 18 month old V8 model. And it all works and always has done so they are saying it's nothing to do with SC but something in the V10 models is now incompatible with the latest SC version. I think sending it off to repair won't help. The shop staff got a new  V10 model from the stockroom, downloaded my account and it was the same problem. Everything was there, worked except the video taking. I have a few more days to think about it but probably will return it for a full refund and continue with my old V8. Shame, because the camera is so much better on the V10 but I don't want a faulty phone. Thanks for your help though.