Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Software update configuration message

RosieD92
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After the software update yesterday I've had at least 25 texts about configurations messages for MMS and browsing, as well as the configuration messages themselves. This has happened before and I think I fixed it by swapping to my old SIM, but I'd rather not have to do that every time theres a software update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @RosieD92, we understand it must be frustrating receiving these messages constantly after doing a software update.

If you've followed the steps in the thread recommended by @AnnS and it hasn't helped please try texting WEB to 40127.

This should reconfigure your phones settings on our network and the texts should stop.

Hope this helps :Winking_smiley:

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @RosieD92

Next to your log in, there is a space where you can ask a question and will be able to find a lot of helpful and useful information.

This is only one thread to answer your question and provide a solution, repeated configuration message has been something regularly asked on the forum after updating a phone.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iOS/Vodafone-spamming-me/m-p/2600475#M81940

I'm aware of that, I couldn't find the answer to my question which is why I'm posting it here.

AnnS

Hi @RosieD92

If you search on 'configuration message', there are some results for the problem.

I hope you have now managed to stop the configuration messages.

I've obviously done that, because I'm not stupid. Please stop replying to this message unless you're going to provide an actual solution. 

AnnS

Hi @RosieD92

If you click on the link in my first message you will see your solution.

It might be worth mentioning that I am a Vodafone customer just the same as yourself, I have given up my own time in order to help a fellow customer.

I wish you goodnight.

I don't understand why you're not getting this, but for the third time, none of the other threads have solved the problem. There was no need for your to reply to this thread so I don't know why you wasted your time.

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @RosieD92, we understand it must be frustrating receiving these messages constantly after doing a software update.

If you've followed the steps in the thread recommended by @AnnS and it hasn't helped please try texting WEB to 40127.

This should reconfigure your phones settings on our network and the texts should stop.

Hope this helps :Winking_smiley:

Thank you!

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Glad I could help @RosieD92. If you need anything let us know :Winking_smiley: