Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Software update configuration message

RosieD92
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After the software update yesterday I've had at least 25 texts about configurations messages for MMS and browsing, as well as the configuration messages themselves. This has happened before and I think I fixed it by swapping to my old SIM, but I'd rather not have to do that every time theres a software update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @RosieD92, we understand it must be frustrating receiving these messages constantly after doing a software update.

If you've followed the steps in the thread recommended by @AnnS and it hasn't helped please try texting WEB to 40127.

This should reconfigure your phones settings on our network and the texts should stop.

Hope this helps :Winking_smiley:

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Hello!

I am currently having the same problem. Each time I update my software (had my phone since December), I get harassed daily for almost a week by the standard message saying I've updated my software etc. So far on this update I have had 98 messages over 3 days. A couple weeks ago I went to my local Vodafone store and I was told to eject the sum card and put it back in again, and warned I may get about another 3 messages then it sorts itself out. I followed this advice today, and 30+ messages later it clearly didn't work. This is massively annoying, and to be honest the service at the moment isn't great, and me and my other half are contemplating leaving Vodafone as we don't even have signal in our house. Each time I see I have a software update I absolutely dread it. I really am at my wit's end with this. 

Please help me

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @George22, sorry to hear you’re getting repeat messages.

This can sometimes happen when a message has not reported back that it was successfully delivered.

Try texting WEB to 40127 as this normally fixes the issue. If it doesn’t,  please let us know.

Hello!

I did this and still didn't solve the problem. I've restarted my phone, I've removed then re-insterted the sim card, Ive text Web to the number and nothing has solved it. I have now had 138 repeat messages. This issue happens every single time I update. I'm seriously considering leaving which is something I thought I would never do.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We wouldn't want you to leave us @George22

If restarting your device and texting WEB hasn't resolved this for you, then we'd need to access your account and do this from our end. 

So we're able to do this, please contact us directly using the information in my private message.

madasahat69
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Started again after the latest update how can this slip through AGAIN

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This does seem to happen after firmware updates and is, I think, due to the way the update process works.   The solution is often to act on the message - just do what it suggests to install the APN settings.   Once you've done that, it's usually happy.