Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Software update configuration message

Aminah_N
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

For the past few software updates so have not been receiving configuration messages, this has caused me to not receive phone calls. I have to keep contacting Vodafone myself to manually reset  my SIM data and after each conversation I am told it will work the next time however I have just updated my software and still no message. 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Aminah_N

These configuration messages are sent by Vodafone when you have updated software of changed the SIM.  Try texting WEB to 40127, this update the SIM on the network.

However, the configuration messages are only for data and will not stop you receiving calls or texts.  If you have an issue receiving calls or texts, in every location it may be time for a replacement SIM from a Vodafone Store, or check the coverage checker at the top of the page for any network issues at your location.

hrym

Generally speaking, if your phone behaves oddly after a firmware update, the advice is to do a factory reset.   This will erase all your data, so make sure you've backed up everything important and that your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd.   If you have an SD card, it's a good idea to remove that too, as the process sometimes formats them.