Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stange text mesage claiming to be from vodafone

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

20171123_184627.png

Hi could the forum team tell me if I have missed something here as in 3 years with Vodafone I have never seen any thing like this so to avoid accidental download I've deleted it.

But for future reference I would like to know do Vodafone send these but I believe it to be something dodgy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DRUIDDOODE I'd say there's no need to worry, the message does look to be from us 🙂

There's no way for me to be able to know what this text was due to the screenshot and obviously because you didn't want to download it, which is understandable. 

The main reason I can think the message may have come through like this is if it was a large amount of text, which could've converted it to an MMS message. 

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DRUIDDOODE I'd say there's no need to worry, the message does look to be from us 🙂

There's no way for me to be able to know what this text was due to the screenshot and obviously because you didn't want to download it, which is understandable. 

The main reason I can think the message may have come through like this is if it was a large amount of text, which could've converted it to an MMS message.