Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Strange behaviour Samsung Galaxy S10 plus

intecofreds
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

My wife recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S10plus and there are a couple of issues:

When the auto network 4g/3g/2g is selected, it won't allow outbound calls. If 3g/2g is selected, it will. Vodafone chat supported said local mast was the issue (even though I would assume the handset would scale down to 3g automatically). The local store said issue with the handset and replaced it immediately. Guess what, the replacement is exactly the same.

Second issue is that voicemail doesn't work. Have dialled the number to activate (and was confirmed), when call is rejected, or dials out, there is no option to leave a voicemail.

I suspect the 2 issues are related and there is a setting somewhere on her account, or on the handset itself which needs changing but it's beginning to drive us nuts. She previously had a Galaxy s8 also on vodafone, so not much has changed.

Anyone experienced similar?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @intecofreds 

From PedroC1999 "Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal.They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available "

That said if voLTE isn't available to you then yes it would scale down. 

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone but I'm too convinced its not the phone itself. 

To rule out a Samsung perhaps try the sim card in another non Samsung phone if you can and try away from your local and surrounding masts  

In regards to voicemail I'd try cancelling all diverts and then try set it up again. 

Dial ##002# and press call or send

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. Our local store has just replaced the handset with a brand new replacement (very good of them). Same problem though. I doubt very much it is a handset related issue...

Having now searched this site (which I should have done originally), I can see other users with the exact same problem, across a variety of handsets. The common denominator is they lost their old handset and as such were given a replacement SIM. The issue is a setting somewhere on the VF side. One guy on here claims to have had the issue for more than 10 months without resolution :Horror_Face:

AnnS

Hi @intecofreds 

I notice you have also posted on this thread https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/connections-to-this-number-is-restricted-on-this-phone-w...

Did the solution help?

It would also be worth getting the SIM replaced at a store, sometimes a SIM works perfectly in the previous phone but starts to do some strange things when used in a new phone.

As far as your Wife's voicemail issue is concerned, please see this link: Voicemail

The guy in store requested Vodafone do an account reset on their side. An hour later and all seems to be good.

I'm still laughing about the online chat guy who said it is 'an issue with our local mast' - always easier face-to-face...

@intecofreds wrote:

The guy in store requested Vodafone do an account reset on their side. An hour later and all seems to be good.

I'm still laughing about the online chat guy who said it is 'an issue with our local mast' - always easier face-to-face...

Good to hear that they have resolved this for you via an account reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.