main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Tab Speed 6 VF-1397 Hard Reset

danielshaw007
4: Newbie

Hi all

I have a Vodafone VF-1397 tablet with a forgotten pin code on power up.

I have tried the usual android hard reset procedures, Vol UP + Power On and Vol Down + Power On however the recovery menu does not appear at all.

Please advise on how to reset this device

Thanks

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

There might be a reset option via navigating into your Google account. 

As your trying to circumvent a security protocol to stop unauthorised access it's not a straight forward hard reset. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @danielshaw007

You should be able to reset the device through your Google account answering the security question. After entering an incorrect PIN, I think it is 3 times,  the device should enable you to tap forget PIN followed by your Google security question.

View more options
danielshaw007
4: Newbie

I have tried the incorrect pin method a few times, it keeps disabling the tablet for a time period.

Its now up to 20 incorrect tries and locked for 30 seconds.

The tablet has been given to me as I work in a repair shop and its one of their staff members tablets. They arent sure if its linked to a google account but I cant get it to even ask a google security question.

Surely there must be a way to get into these things? It has no simcard installed and its not connected to any wifi so it cant even contact the outside world to verify any security.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @danielshaw007

Without a SIM card. it won't be able to find the Google account, you also need an internet connection.  Without the SIM to find the Google account, the device will not ask the secret question.

Unfortunately, with this being a security PIN to protect the device from unauthorised use, you won't be able to crack it without the owners account.  As you mention a work colleague and staff member, perhaps they will be able to help.

View more options
kungfupanda
2: Seeker

one of the alternative ways avoiding the volume up and down step is
there are numerous motives for opting to reset an Android smartphone or a tablet. sometimes, a forgotten password may get your pill locked. At times, the display of your smartphone or pill may get caught and fail to reply. Or your device may come with a non-removable battery to make topics worse. For these kind of problems and plenty of others, you would possibly need to reset your device. but in case your tool does now not come with a domestic button or volume buttons, you might want to use a one of a kind method. normally, such gadgets come with a reset pinhole on the device which can be used to reset the tool. To carry out a pill difficult reset without quantity button, follow the easy steps defined under.

select yes

Step 1: discover the Reset pinhole

look for a totally small commencing on the lower back panel or the bezels of a smartphone. commonly, such pinholes are marked “Reset” or “Reboot” and are available at the top left facet of the back panel. however be careful not to mistake it with the microphone as the usage of it for resetting your device can also damage the small microphone permanently and cause different headaches.

Step 2: Insert a pin into the hollow

After locating it, insert a stretched paperclip or a small pin into the hole and press it for some seconds.

Now all the records to your Android tool will be reset. After this, you can continue to use your device commonly without any problem.
this is the second alternative way to do it
in case your Android tablet or smartphone is functioning normally, your device can be reset to the factory settings the usage of simply your tool itself. Even if your tool does not have a domestic button or volume manage buttons, this approach might be applicable and can be used to reset the device. however earlier than using this technique to reset your Android tool, ensure to back up all the necessary information which you have for your device. you can also sync all of the important files to the cloud the usage of your Google account. also, it is essential to take into account that this method will dispose of all of the accounts into which your tool is signed in. To recognise the way to reset Android tablet with out volume button, read on.

Step 1: Open the Settings app

faucet on the Settings app inside the app section of your tool to open it.

Step 2: select the statistics Reset folder

After that, navigate or scroll down until you may find the “Backup and Reset” choice. tap on it to open the folder.

View more options
kungfupanda
2: Seeker

hope this ws usefull ! any querries ping me back!:Winking_smiley:

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove advertising content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options