Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text Transfer

sidsilver
4: Newbie

Is there a free programme for transferring text messages from my old phone to my new phone, both being Android phones.

14 REPLIES 14

Of course, you can transfer text messages from Android phone to Android phone.

A SMS backup tool is needed, or MobiKin mobile transfer tool, and then you can back up all the SMS in a easy way.

hrym
17: Community Champion

Android now has a built in transfer tool, which you ideally use at first set-up.  Look for it in the main settings menu.  Implementations differ from one manufacturer to another and, if two different ones are involved, you may only get the basic options.   It's worth checking as, if it works fully, you can make your new phone pretty much a clone of your old one.

63johnw
If you are using Gmail then your contacts should be stored there and once you set up your new phone with your Gmail then the contacts will be there.

guoleo

As I know, Google account can help us easily transfer text messages from your old phone to your new phone, both being Android phones. 

guoleo

Of course, there is. Actually, with Google account or mobile phone transfer tool, we can directly transfer text messages from Android to Android. About the details of Google account, you can search online. And about the mobile phone transfer tool, just do it like this:

1. Download and install program to computer.

2. Start it and link both of Android phone to computer via USB Cables.

3. Preview and choose all text messages you want to transfer between them.