Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages not received from one person

baertram01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Evening all,

I have one contact with which I all of the sudden can't exchange text messages anymore.

No problems with calling/being called  or texting other contacts.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Can you both check in your phones for any blocking feature and if you or the other person has inadvertently added the mobile number.

If not then try deleting the contact from your phone app and re add.

Each of you may also need to contact your networks customer services to ensure all is ok at their end @baertram01 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have deleted and re-added the contact, no blocking was detected. Friday night all was fine, Saturday morning no exchange possible :Confused_face:

AnnS

Hi @baertram01 

You don't mention the phone your recipient is using, if this is an iphone, try disabling imessage, this will force the phone to send and be received as SMS.

I would also suggest after removing and readding the contact clearing all previous SMS thread history and ask your recipient to do the same and send the SMS as a new fresh message.

As far as adding to the blocking list is concerned, with the add notification sound just below the block contact on Android it's amazingly easy to accidentally add and it would be worth you and your recipient checking the blocking spam message list from the message settings.

If there are still problems, as it's just a single number and your other SMS are leaving the message centre and being delivered it may not be your problem and it may be at the receiving end.  However, it won't do any harm asking Vodafone to check your outgoing and incoming SMS are leaving the message centre correctly.

Now it's going again :Cry_Laughing:, thanks for your advice. Stay safe