Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text sound notification

Steve_1959_
4: Newbie

Hello

How do I activate sound notification when receiving messages in my inbox, please? If I text someone in WhatsApp and they reply, a sound notifies me. But if I go to Contacts and text that person and they reply, I don't know about it unless I later scrutinise my text inbox. I have Vodafone on an Android - ZTE Blade A3 handset.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Steve_1959_ 

It's a hard one to find for sure.

Three dots at the top 

Message settings

Notifications

General Notifications (this is where you will find the setting buried)

Alert - you will be able to select alert, silent or vibrate or ignore do not disturb.

If you then go to your settings and select sound and vibration, click on sound, notification sound, you can then select the alert you wish to set to your messages.

Hope that solves your question.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

If you go into the messaging app and look at its settings, there should be an option to specify the sound.   Depending on the implementation, it may be under Additional or advanced.

Steve_1959_
4: Newbie

Hello

I have a ZTE Blade A3 phone that does NOT notify me by sound when I receive a text message. ( I get notified by sound when someone texts me via WhatsApp). How can I receive a normal message and get notified by a sound, please?

Thanks

AnnS

Hi @Steve_1959_ 

It's a hard one to find for sure.

Three dots at the top 

Message settings

Notifications

General Notifications (this is where you will find the setting buried)

Alert - you will be able to select alert, silent or vibrate or ignore do not disturb.

If you then go to your settings and select sound and vibration, click on sound, notification sound, you can then select the alert you wish to set to your messages.

Hope that solves your question.

That's looking good, Ann, thank you. I am just waiting for someone to text me so I can check!

Regards

Steve