Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The forum

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Samsung have released some new features on there browser 

The annyoing part is if I'm just visiting this forum and see a question or have a question I have to disable the Samsung recommended ad blocker and as there are no ads on here I don't understand why I have to copy and paste or sometimes rewrite my message and by this time the flow as gone this as been going on for some time but since the Samsung update to the browser it is only a problem on this forum and no were else as yet 

What is the reason for me having to disable ad blocker as there are none and now the tracking blocker surely I'm entitled to some privacy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Interestingly, one of the other CCs reported some sort of problem between the forum and his PC when using Google Chrome. He eventually tracked the problem down to AdBlock, and was able to fix it by configuring it not to run on the forum. Is that an option which is available within the Samsung-specific version of AdBlock?

There aren't pop-up ads on the forum, but he speculated that the user survey that pops up occasionally might be the issue.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @DRUIDDOODE

I use the content blocker Ad block plus for the Samsung Browser on my s8and experience no issues. Screenshot_20171114-102159.png

Which one are you using ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N

Interestingly, one of the other CCs reported some sort of problem between the forum and his PC when using Google Chrome. He eventually tracked the problem down to AdBlock, and was able to fix it by configuring it not to run on the forum. Is that an option which is available within the Samsung-specific version of AdBlock?

There aren't pop-up ads on the forum, but he speculated that the user survey that pops up occasionally might be the issue.

Screenshot_20171114-153152.png

Same as you though I've tried with each on its own as I know they can conflict but this is the only place I have issues 

I think it's so the survey can not be blocked that is the only rational explanation can think of.

Or any blocker that can stop it but these are just stabs in the dark 

Sorry I forgot to say hi again I just had another brain fart and done it again.

On my Samsung it's either on or off

redpages

I'm the user Annie mentions (above) who was having a few problems using Ad Block, albeit on Google Chrome via desktop rather than on a handset. For example, if I run Ad Block on this page it tells me five ads are currently blocked. Typically a page loads up, then a second later it reloads again which is frustrating.

It's easy to customise on a desktop so I can keep the blocker running for other websites but not on the forum, although I'm not sure if this functionality is available on a Samsung phone. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community