cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

This is what happens when I forget too turn my content blocker on after posting on here

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Screenshot_20171115-180747.png

After posting on here and forgetting to turn my content  blocker back on I got this which also made my phone vibrate in my opinion it was some sort of blag.

But does any one know what would of happened he I didn't disconnect my data and then cancel the page.and before any one asks I was signed in to a supposedly safe site and not an adult site were I would expect all sorts of shady goings on.

But this site is a well advertised site were you have to sign in 

This is another reason why I shouldn't have to disable security that is constantly reminded to us.

I let my guard down once and who knows what issues this would of caused.

The way it popped up and the way my device reacted I thought I'd set off a nuclear missile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Ah, the perils of the new forum - posts that have been edited aren't marked as such.

Irritate me?   Not at all, I was just trying to help!   This looks like a scam, walks like a scam and quacks like a scam.   It's unlikely to be anything else.   I have content control on by default and have never felt the need to turn it off, so I don't know what happens if you do.   I'd be surprised if it blocks popups and I assume that Firefox does that for me.   I've certainly never have one and wouldn't interact with it if I did.   The way to deal with them, of course, is to back out - never click a button that promises to close one as you only have the writer's word that's what it'll do.   It's much more likely to validate you, rather like responding to an unsolicited text.   I'm sure you know that, but not everyone does.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

DRUIDDOODE

Hi I'm a bit baffled by why the forum team have totally ignored this post I understand why some post don't have an answer 

But this as your logo on it and the way it came and the nature of the message suddenly taking over my device

I know the way these work and the only safe way I know of that works is disable data then press the app button kill the app and then restart the device 

Is this a genuine Vodafone giveaway or not please that's all I want to know 

And as this is a security issue that as never happened with my tracking and content blocker on there is a little responsibility imo to Vodafone here 

As all the security mentioned when enquired doesn't seem to apply to this forum and I have tried to disable the content blockers and just keep the tracking blocker on that is part of the Samsung browser it is cooked in to a browser that you sold so why it doesn't work on your forum doesn't make sense.

hrym

Vodafone competitions are promoted through the My Vodafone app.  The address and the wording make me sure this is a scam and something you should avoid.   Don't interact with popups of any kind or you might find yourself opted into something chargeable.  I'm not quite sure why the (adult) content blocker would catch this, but if it does, that's a good thing.  If it was genuine, I'm also sure it would have got through.

Edited to add: the forum team read all posts, but do so in order.   I think it's unlikely they'd have had time to get to this one between 6pm and 9am the next moring, tbh.

DRUIDDOODE

The post you mention was by edited by me to mark as new and that was done 2 days before the post you replied to so as it may seem hours it is now three days since the first post.

And also as there is a Vodafone offer going  on right now in the my Vodafone app I just wanted to make some people who aren't aware of the scam of which I think it is.

Also I

As I mentioned in my first post I knew some one would mention adult sites but as I have no need to visit these sites Is I have no problem getting the real thing.I wanted to make people aware that you don't have to visit one to be affected by this.

As for the Samsung content blocker it does stop these from affecting Samsung devices and just to be sure I disabled it again and forgot to turn it back on and I was it by the same pop up so from my experience it does what Samsung says it does 

And regarding my post all I asked for was an answer.

If my posts irritate you then I apologise for that as that is not my intention 

I don't understand why you are alienated by pointing out faults 

In my opinion no person or system or anything I can think of is perfect 100%

Also I have pointed out many times how good Vodafone have been to me and I think I get more surveys than any one else because when I have been really helped by an advisor on 191 or live chat I will go into great detail and explain how great this person as been of great help.

It's the same when I go into my local Vodafone store as I always get a request for feedback as they know I will go out of my way and explain in detail how they have helped me.

Also it was only a few days ago were I couldn't  praise Vodafone enough for being a big part in helping me locate my device (as well as the luck of having a wonderfull lady who found it who I sent a massive bunch of flowers)by sending a particular message that I believe wasnt an ordinary text message and I explained that in my post 

If all of your device and contract have been free from issues then I am happy for you but as Vodafone as so many customers and products it is impossible for it to be 100% perfect that doesn't mean that they don't strive for perfection 

Just to be clear there is no anger or hate in this post I don't waste my energy making myself feel that way.

But do I get irritated annoyed some times yes but I try to avoid that sort of negative energy.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DRUIDDOODE Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we're working to get through our posts as quickly as possible. 

This does seem to be an unusual pop up - I'm pretty sure this isn't something genuine from ourselves. 

It appears to be some sort of spam message, as Vodafone will only promote competitions through their official channels. 

hrym

Ah, the perils of the new forum - posts that have been edited aren't marked as such.

Irritate me?   Not at all, I was just trying to help!   This looks like a scam, walks like a scam and quacks like a scam.   It's unlikely to be anything else.   I have content control on by default and have never felt the need to turn it off, so I don't know what happens if you do.   I'd be surprised if it blocks popups and I assume that Firefox does that for me.   I've certainly never have one and wouldn't interact with it if I did.   The way to deal with them, of course, is to back out - never click a button that promises to close one as you only have the writer's word that's what it'll do.   It's much more likely to validate you, rather like responding to an unsolicited text.   I'm sure you know that, but not everyone does.

DRUIDDOODE

Thanks for reply good to hear that I didn't offend any one

I just thought Vodafone would of been interested in some one using there company name as a scam as i was confident they wouldn't of used that sort of tactic 

The only reason I didnt mention the site I was on is as it disappears from the top of the screen it shows no evidence of were I was 

And i appreciate all the help past present and future as this forum as been a wealth of help and information 

hrym

I'm sure they would.   However, mobile numbers are identifiable as coming from the original issuer (like the geopgraphic bit of landlines), so the software that generates the ad has simply picked that up and inserted [network name].   Of course, as numbers get ported, this is by no means reliable and there must be a few people who are mystified by being addressed as a customer of a previous network!

DRUIDDOODE

Thanks 

I can't use the thanks button again 

Edit and then I post this it lets me do it 

Sods law.😉

lucylewis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I hate that its the worst :Sad_face: