Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to connect to BT WIFI using My Vodafone app

simontw
2: Seeker

Hi,

Wonder if anyone could help.  I have upgraded my phone (Sensation) to ICS, but since doing so I have been unable to connect to BT wifi.  Worked perfectly on Gingerbread.  When I go into the settings, it appears to be connecting (i.e. obtaining IP address etc), but there is no data transfer,  Before I upgraded, I used to get a small message to say 'Connected to BTOpenzone'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Simon

25 REPLIES 25

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi simontw,

Can you confirm a few details for me so we can get a better picture of what may be happening?

Firstly, are you able to connect to any other Wi-Fi networks, such as a home network or free public hotspot? This will help to confirm whether the issue only affects this one network connection.

Next, do you have the issue at multiple BT Openzone Wi-Fi hotspots or just one? If only one, can you try another to rule out an issue linked to the site which has simply occurred at the same time?

Finally, are these hotspots ones you have used previously without issue?

I'm sure we'll be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Dave

simontw
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply.
In answer to your questions, I can connect to WiFi at home and at other locations. It appears to be only btopenzone hotspots when logging on through my Vodafone app. Before ics i had no problems connecting using btopenzone, the app just did it for me, and gave me a small connected to btopenzone popup.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Hi simontw,

If it is only an issue when you are connecting through the My Vodafone App then I would advise using the feedback button within the Google Play Store for the App so that the developers can investigate this for you.

In the meantime I would also try to connect via the normal WIFI connection in the settings menu to see if this allows you to connect and use the browser to log into the hotspot.

James

Had a frustrating weekend trying to connect to the bt openzone whilst away. tried everything possible i have come to the conculsion that its all a hoax and that its no possible to connect at all.

"paying" for 1GB a month to access BT openzone and finding it impossible to do.

I used to be able to connect no problems pre ICS. It is really frustrating though. Have just emailed the developer, so fingers crossed!

Hi Blinkie

What phone are you using? Is this something that has been affected since you've done a firmware upgrade to your phone and have you been able to successfully connect previously?

How have you tried to to connect, i.e. via the My Vodafone app, web browser, Wireless Connections option in the menu?

You can also find more information on how to connect to BT Openzone here - Vodafone WiFi

Hi simontw

Thanks for your reply. Could you please let us know how you get on and if you get a response, would be interesting to hear their thoughts?

Thanks

Simon

HTC sensation.

Could never connect before ICS and can't connect since ICS upgrade. I have tried via the Vodafone App, the browser and wireless settings. I am registered for the BT openzone wifi.

I'm convinced that its an impossible thing to do.

well tried AGAIN today to connect to a BT openzone wifi.

Nothing at all, 'kin hopeless.

Any chance of a mod reply to even look at it?