main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Unable to send a message on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 when my phone is turned off

aide199
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm unable to send messages from my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 if my Samsung Fold 3 is turned off - it just doesn’t give me an option to send or reply - I can make calls fine from the watch when my phone is turned off

Help!

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You may need to have a word with customer services just to ensure your One number is all set up correctly @aide199 

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

Or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Twitter or Facebook can help,

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I personally connect my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier watch to my Samsung Fold3 via Bluetooth so I can't check myself for you.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @aide199 

I wouldn't have though its was possible to send or receive a message on a watch when the phone is turned off.  The reason for this is the message has to be sent and received through the Vodafone Message Centre stored on your phone and has to be able to communicate with the phone.  As far as calls are concerned, these just go through Vodafone as normal.

I don't know if it possible to enter the message centre number on the watch, this would be the same as on the phone +447785016005, without this number the message would not have anywhere to go.

View more options
aide199

I have just contacted Samsung support and they’ve advised me that I can send/receive sms from the watch when my phone is turned off

So the question is - what can’t I?

View more options
aide199

Just got off live chat with Vodafone and they have confirmed that I should be able to send/receive messages from my watch when my phone is turned off or not with me.

After a 1 hour 45 minute conversation with Vodafone they have been unable to resolve the issue, they even got me to swap my esim and again this never worked.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

View more options
hrym

I wonder whether it's worth going back to Samsung and asking them how to make sure the watch has the message centre number?

View more options