Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Uninstall game

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Hi I just want to double check that if  I uninstall a game from my device will the 

1.5 gig game that I want to remove will it  use 1.5 gig in removing it 

As uninstalled apps shows up on the data page 

I did use WiFi to install but don't have WiFi access at the moment 

So I have to be 100% sure that I'm not going to get charged as that is a lot of data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @DRUIDDOODE

No not to remove it from your phone but if you wish for peace of mind Just turn off mobile data in your phone settings and go through the uninstall process. 

Dont forget to remove it from your play store under your my apps. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @DRUIDDOODE

No not to remove it from your phone but if you wish for peace of mind Just turn off mobile data in your phone settings and go through the uninstall process. 

Dont forget to remove it from your play store under your my apps. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Just to clarify, the uninstall process takes place on the device and shouldn't use data (or only a marginal amount to sync Google Play).   When you say the app appears on the data page, I assume you mean data usage?   That's just what it's used while installed.  As time progresses and the period monitored moves on, it'll drop off the list.

Its is, of course, always a good idea to use wifi to install up update apps (you can set Google Play to update automatically but only over wifi now).

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Yeah that's correct it was the usage 

There was another thread I read a while back and some one asked a similar question why uninstalled apps appeared on that page 

Because my previous apps were not that big I wasn't too concerned 

However due to that game being nearly 2 gig I thought I'd play it safe as that would of been a huge amount 

Thanks again

hrym

Always better safe than sorry!   With a good 4G connection, you can chew through a large chunk of your data in seconds. :Sad_face: