main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Unlocked galaxy s5 from usa doesn't support Vodafon uk data

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello I bought an unlocked Samsung Galaxy s5 and doesn't support my Vodafone data.. a shopper told me have to be reset the motherboard because the phone is from USA with verizon program and doesn't support UK data..anyone can suggest me what's the best solution..please 

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hello I bought a galaxy s5 from USA and have installed a verizon program..I can call text and use WiFi but data doesn't work..even with the correct apn..I went to a shop and they told me have to be reset the motherboard for let work the data asking me 80£ extra..anyone know

what's the best solution? And if is an honest price for fix it? Thanks 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @gianluca13a

Are your Apn Settings for Vodafone UK correct. 

See How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS. and also in vodafone-apn-settings.

The phones own frequencies and band's should be able to utilise the ones Vodafone UK uses. 

With Mobile Data turned On in the phone can you not connect to mobile data anywhere you visit to surf internet pages  ?

As a process of elimination can you insert your SIM card in another phone just to check it's not the SIM card or your account at issue. 

Try another SIM in your Samsung. 

Check that no data bars are turned On in your myvodafone. 

Finally,  as the phone is an imported model Vodafone UK wouldn't be able to guarantee everything will work and support it. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member
View more options
Highlighted

HI thanks for reply 

The apn is the correct one and we tried other sim cards and didn't work..I went to a shop for fix it and he told me the phone have to be reset the motherboard because is a verizon phone so doesn't support Vodafone UK sim even if is unlocked and I can make call text and WiFi..he want to charge me 80£ for fix it..do you think this is the best solution?

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi.

I'm not in a position to tell you to go ahead and spend your money to action what a standalone shop is saying. 

I don't see how resetting a motherboard will help. 

I'm wondering if they are thinking of putting a Custom Rom Firmware onto the phone which a person can do themselves via the info on xdadevelopers site. Although a person needs to be careful when doing this. 

Look it at this way I'm sure in the past we've had Americans visiting here and roam on Vodafone UK without having to reset their motherboard. 

The phones has the band's and frequencies required. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member

So what does https://willmyphonework.net/ say about your phone model on Vodafone?

View more options
Highlighted

i'm not so good with the computer to do it by myself..i think i will go to the vodafone shop asking for their help otherwise i will bring to some shop..

View more options